Convert HTTP audio stream to HTTPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convert HTTP audio stream to HTTPS

I have a HTTP stream on my local PC that I want to convert to HTTPS so that I can play it on my Amazon Echo's.
    I've created the simple Skill that I need but it has to be a HTTPS stream to be played on the Amazon Echo's.
    I'm currently trying Stream What You Hear to capture the audio and stream it but it produces a HTTP stream http://192.168.0.12:50601/stream/swyh.mp3

It there a simple program or something that will convert it to a HTTPS stream or do you know of any software that will capture audio from soundcard and stream as HTTPS?

Thanks
    Simon

HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

I don't have IIS installed the software that I am running on my computer currently is Stream What You Hear which takes audio from the soundcard and provides you with a URL that it is being streamed on but that is HTTP not HTTPS.

What I'm trying to achieve is using Outloud.Dj to control music at a couple of parties at home as it allows guests to participate in the playlist, however this is only available for Android or IOS (I have emailed developer to see if there is a URL to directly access a audio stream from phone but as yet no response). I can use Bluetooth to play directly onto a single Echo which works fine, but when playing to a group of Echos using MultiRoom bluetooth is disabled. My my thought was to plug my Android phone into the Line IN on PC soundcard, capture the audio and then stream that via HTTPS (Stream What Your Hear does capture the audio but only streams in HTTP, I have emailed developer to see if it can do HTTPS but as yet no response). I've already created a little developer skill that will simply just play a HTTPS stream. Just need to change the stream to HTTP instead of HTTPS.

I hope the above makes some sense :-)
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok... Cool. Let me think about this.

So, the end goal is to push out the audio to the various Alexa devices via multi-room streaming?
        Last edited by Krumpy; November 29, 2017, 08:28 PM.
        HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
          Ok... Cool. Let me think about this.

So, the end goal is to push out the audio to the various Alexa devices via multi-room streaming?
          Yes, that's right.

Comment

Working...
          X