Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is difference between this PI and adding the Homeseer IFTTT channel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is difference between this PI and adding the Homeseer IFTTT channel?

HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

the main difference is that the plugin use the Dropbox channel to link HS and IFTTT whereas the Homeseer channel use myHS

this has a few consequences:
    - with the plugin you can use several IFTTT account linked to several free Dropbox account, whereas to do the same with the HS channel you would need to buy the myhs premium service

- in case IFTTT is compromised, the attacker would only have access to the dropbox account, whereas with the HS channel, he would potentially be able to access your whole HS system.

- the dropbox service is likely to be more robust than myHS, so uptime may be better.

other differences:
    - with the plugin it's possible to pass parameters back and forth, see the advanced section of the user guide

- this plugin can be used with services similar to IFTTT like stringify: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=188537

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      the main difference is that the plugin use the Dropbox channel to link HS and IFTTT whereas the Homeseer channel use myHS

this has a few consequences:

- with the plugin you can use several IFTTT account linked to several free Dropbox account, whereas to do the same with the HS channel you would need to buy the myhs premium service

- in case IFTTT is compromised, the attacker would only have access to the dropbox account, whereas with the HS channel, he would potentially be able to access your whole HS system.

- the dropbox service is likely to be more robust than myHS, so uptime may be better.

other differences:

- with the plugin it's possible to pass parameters back and forth, see the advanced section of the user guide

- this plugin can be used with services similar to IFTTT like stringify: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=188537

Thank you Spud! I do have a premium MyHS account but I think you sold me with all the disadvantages of using MyHS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
      Plugin's:
      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
      X