Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feature Requests - MeiHarmonyHub (Logitech Harmony Hub Monitor and Control)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Requests - MeiHarmonyHub (Logitech Harmony Hub Monitor and Control)

Please use this thread for requesting features for the MeiHarmonyHub Logitech Harmony Hub monitor and control plugin.

Hi,

I just started testing the plugin with my 4 hubs, so far so good. However first remark, please add some icons for the devices, and maybe even the states of the devices/activities.

Thanks

Bart
    Regards Bart
    ------------------------------------------
    Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
    HSPRO 3.
    Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Originally posted by bartbakels View Post
      Hi,

I just started testing the plugin with my 4 hubs, so far so good. However first remark, please add some icons for the devices, and maybe even the states of the devices/activities.

Thanks

Bart
      Just for clarification, do you want Icons for the HomeSeer devices or the "devices" that are on the hub? If the former, I will look into adding that. I don't use that column on the Device Management page, so I didn't think of adding them.

As for the stats of "devices" (statuses), they are devices and I have no way of knowing what they are. I can check the data I get back and see if I can "guess" what type of A/V device it is, but it will be just a guess.

As for the Activities statuses, it should attempt already to download the icons for each activity and set it for the status (See attached image). If you aren't getting the images for activity device statuses, let me know.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
        Just for clarification, do you want Icons for the HomeSeer devices or the "devices" that are on the hub? If the former, I will look into adding that. I don't use that column on the Device Management page, so I didn't think of adding them.

As for the stats of "devices" (statuses), they are devices and I have no way of knowing what they are. I can check the data I get back and see if I can "guess" what type of A/V device it is, but it will be just a guess.

As for the Activities statuses, it should attempt already to download the icons for each activity and set it for the status (See attached image). If you aren't getting the images for activity device statuses, let me know.
        Indeed I miss icons for the homeseer devices. And some of the stat devices such as the root, use the standard homeseer icons, however it would be nice to have them in a plugin dedicated folder, so we can change them if needed without changing the links of the homeseerdevice states.

thanks for the efforts
        Regards Bart
        ------------------------------------------
        Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
        HSPRO 3.
        Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Originally posted by bartbakels View Post
          Indeed I miss icons for the homeseer devices. And some of the stat devices such as the root, use the standard homeseer icons, however it would be nice to have them in a plugin dedicated folder, so we can change them if needed without changing the links of the homeseerdevice states.

thanks for the efforts
          I will see about adding device icons (I'll have to research how to add them to an existing device, should be possible though).

As for On/Off status icons, I'll think about it. One one side, it offers you the ability to change them just by uploading. The other side of that is that in HS3 you can change the whole default icon set and it may confuse some users if they change the icon set from contemporary to standard and the on/off icons don't change.

I may, though decide to create my own for the fun of it, then it's kinda win/win

Comment

Poll individual device status

Hi,

The harmony hub keeps tabs on individual device status, in addition to activity status. Is there any way to get device status (eg. current power state & input) data into HomeSeer?

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by benrjunk View Post
              Hi,

The harmony hub keeps tabs on individual device status, in addition to activity status. Is there any way to get device status (eg. current power state & input) data into HomeSeer?

Ben
              Unfortunately not. While the hub knows if your TV is on or off (so it knows if it needs to turn it on or off), it never exposes that information outside the hub. Same with Volumes and receiver/tv inputs.

Comment

Frank,

I have a dumb Vizio TV that only has power toggle, not discrete on or off. Should I just buy a new TV or is there a way to determine its state?
                Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
                  Frank,

I have a dumb Vizio TV that only has power toggle, not discrete on or off. Should I just buy a new TV or is there a way to determine its state?

I have a cheapo Sceptre TV that is the same. I have it plugged into an Aeon Labs switch and monitor the power consumption. Less than 10 watts and I know it's off and run the appropriate event.

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
                    Frank,

Unfortunately not from this plugin. I would suggest @rmiles7721's suggestion of using a smart switch with power usage monitoring.

Edit: However, if you are using it with the Harmony and it's power state is generally accurate for the hub, you could determine if the power is on by what activity is active. However, if for some reason the TV is not in the right state for the hub, it does you no good.

Comment

Originally posted by rmiles7721 View Post
                      I have a cheapo Sceptre TV that is the same. I have it plugged into an Aeon Labs switch and monitor the power consumption. Less than 10 watts and I know it's off and run the appropriate event.
                      Thanks. I haven't used these yet but will give it a try.
                      Michael

Comment

Hi Frank,

Do you know What protocol the hub extender use for zigbee? If it is stable thay could be nice to be able to place the hub where we want in the house for zigbee and zwave .

Did you tried to play a little with it ?

I think the hub has bluethoot capacity too? I am able to controler my edifier speaker that way at he being. But it would be nice to be able to know the real stat of those that of devices. (For now i send 25 sound level up each 30mins to the speaker exept past 1am to 7 am ( and at 1:30 and 1:45: am i send 25 sound level down ) ), to be sure the speaker is running.

i could buy an aeotech switch to mesure the wattage to get the status of the speaker.. but if your plugin could do it in the future I wont buy it.

thanks,
                        Matt

Comment

Originally posted by MattLau View Post
                          Hi Frank,

Do you know What protocol the hub extender use for zigbee? If it is stable thay could be nice to be able to place the hub where we want in the house for zigbee and zwave .

Did you tried to play a little with it ?

I think the hub has bluethoot capacity too? I am able to controler my edifier speaker that way at he being. But it would be nice to be able to know the real stat of those that of devices. (For now i send 25 sound level up each 30mins to the speaker exept past 1am to 7 am ( and at 1:30 and 1:45: am i send 25 sound level down ) ), to be sure the speaker is running.

i could buy an aeotech switch to mesure the wattage to get the status of the speaker.. but if your plugin could do it in the future I wont buy it.

thanks,
                          Matt
                          I can control and monitor in real time zigbee devices, but only via the same hub interface I use for the A/V equipment. So, I really don't know what protocol it uses. As for BT devices, I believe they just show up as normal devices and you don't get any extra information from them. For all devices except the "Smart" devices (Z-wave, Zigbee, Nest, Ecobee, etc) it is one way communication and no monitoring.

Comment

Please add the ability to poll a hub for new devices and activities. A button on the plugin general page or next to each hub root device would do it. If possible, it would also be nice to be able to do it from within a script.
                            "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

I've been using this Harmony<->MQTT library: https://github.com/maddox/harmony-api
                              There, I could send a command "pause", no matter what activity that was active. I used this in a doorbell-event - when the doorbell rang, it sent "pause" to the hub and it would pause not matter if it was the Apple TV, Blueray or the TV PVR that was the current activity. It seems this isn't possible with your plugin? I have to select which device I want to send "pause" to...?

Comment

Working...
                              X