www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > CFGuy Plug-Ins/Scripts > WeatherXML

WeatherXML Discussion area for WeatherXML

Old May 24th, 2018, 04:30 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFGuy View Post
The error is on WU end. I can't fix that. The WU developer forums has a lot of posts from others that are seeing the same issues with both the XML and the JSON feeds. Both types come from the same source.

I realize that phuz hasn't been seeing the issue in a couple of weeks but I haven't seen it in longer than that and I am using the xml feed. The last time I saw a problem with invalid forecast data was in Weather Undergrounds android app. If their own app has the issue than I don't know what I can do. Their paying customers are seeing the same issues.

I thought you could see that the date was not matching and can implement to not update the data then.
I noticed that when the data is wrong, the names of the days are in English. When data is ok, they are in Dutch. (they must be Dutch for me).
Can that be a trigger to not update the data?

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl
Old May 24th, 2018, 05:09 PM
Have A Blessed Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpc View Post
I thought you could see that the date was not matching and can implement to not update the data then.
I noticed that when the data is wrong, the names of the days are in English. When data is ok, they are in Dutch. (they must be Dutch for me).
My apologies. When you quoted phuz, I thought you were wanting me to switch to the JSON feed. Which I had considered doing until other developers posted that their json feeds were messing up as well.

I have some time this evening and will work on checking for a valid not in the past date for the import.
My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, EasyTrigger, FBitSeer, HSTouch Server, Kinect, PHLocation, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2
Old May 28th, 2018, 09:54 PM
Have A Blessed Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpc View Post
I got the date check added today. I've had it running since this morning and so far it has blocked dates from January 2018. The longest I saw today was 2 hours in a row where the date was wrong. Then it would be correct for an hour or two and back to January dates.
I am going to run it a couple more days to test some other changes I made and should be able to get this in the updater this week.
Old May 28th, 2018, 10:02 PM
Seer Master

I just noticed my dates/data for tomorrow are wrong, and showing Jan. I've seen this post, and the other post saying WU was going south (Figuratively), but this is the first i've seen incorrect data. I thought there for a minute I wasn't going to have any issues, lol no such luck apparently.
Old May 28th, 2018, 10:11 PM
Have A Blessed Day

Later this week, I'll post the fix I worked on today. I can't control when the data is wrong but based on the data I can skip the import until the next time it is back to the correct date.
Old May 28th, 2018, 10:37 PM
Seer Master

Since your in there messing around, can you look into this?

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=195253
Old May 29th, 2018, 01:48 PM
Seer Deluxe

Weather forecast option

If you are interested I found this https://weatherwidget.io/

You can give it your parameters and it will give you script for your page. I modified the code slightly and now have this. Obviously the forecast above from January that many are having problems with will be removed.

Joe
Attached Images

Computer Optiplex 3Ghz Dual Core, 3 gig Ram-Windows XPP HS2.058, HS2 Speaker
Interfaces/Plugins:
DR IP/Serial, Global Cache, malk8055, NetCam, PPortIO, WebcamXP
Hardware:
ACT T103, iTach WIFI, XPCR Coupler Repeater, 12 Cameras, 9 Temperature sensors, Mac Time Capsule 2TB + 1TB external + 500GB external, Multiple 2x16 LCD Displays, Audio Distribution, House and Garage door status.
Additional Hardware: Mac 27" running Server * Pixord Video Server
Old May 29th, 2018, 07:51 PM
Seer Deluxe

Guys, I'm telling you that the JSON data is correct all the time now. I have not had one bit of erroneous data since making the switch. Not sure what they're doing on their end to make the XML data bad on occasion.
Old May 30th, 2018, 09:19 AM
Have A Blessed Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by phuz View Post
Guys, I'm telling you that the JSON data is correct all the time now. I have not had one bit of erroneous data since making the switch. Not sure what they're doing on their end to make the XML data bad on occasion.

I'm glad that it is working for you, but the WU developer forums are full of people reporting the issue for both the xml and the json data. So far everyone that has tracked the date of the old data has been reporting that the date is Jan/03/2018.
A rep for WU finally responded and said they have put in a fix for the cache servers. I have noticed that so far today I haven't had a repeat of the invalid date. But the day is young yet.

I did go ahead and put the version of weatherXML in the updater that checks the date before it imports the data. An old date will cause the import to not run. Version 3.0.0.86
Old May 30th, 2018, 09:30 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFGuy View Post
I'm glad that it is working for you, but the WU developer forums are full of people reporting the issue for both the xml and the json data. So far everyone that has tracked the date of the old data has been reporting that the date is Jan/03/2018.
A rep for WU finally responded and said they have put in a fix for the cache servers. I have noticed that so far today I haven't had a repeat of the invalid date. But the day is young yet.

I did go ahead and put the version of weatherXML in the updater that checks the date before it imports the data. An old date will cause the import to not run. Version 3.0.0.86
Great!