Lattest Version Of Plugin - Experiment Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lattest Version Of Plugin - Experiment Results

I have been experimenting with the global settings and have found something interesting. I changed the time between connection attempts to 7000 and the maximum missed heartbeats to 4.

I noticed that it disconnects but then reconnects on its own. Before when it failed it failed and stayed that way until the plugin was stopped and then started again. This is progress.
    When it disconnects it doesn't stay disconnected very long and when it reconnects it works great. Again this is a big step ahead. I noticed when it disconnects, that it doesn't say forcefully disconnected.

It has been running now for a couple of days and I will keep monitoring it for any catastrophic failures.

I am thinking this might give you some ideas on where the real problem lies. Your comments on this experiment would be much appreciated...Rick

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
    I have been experimenting with the global settings and have found something interesting. I changed the time between connection attempts to 7000 and the maximum missed heartbeats to 4.

I noticed that it disconnects but then reconnects on its own. Before when it failed it failed and stayed that way until the plugin was stopped and then started again. This is progress.
    When it disconnects it doesn't stay disconnected very long and when it reconnects it works great. Again this is a big step ahead. I noticed when it disconnects, that it doesn't say forcefully disconnected.

It has been running now for a couple of days and I will keep monitoring it for any catastrophic failures.

I am thinking this might give you some ideas on where the real problem lies. Your comments on this experiment would be much appreciated...Rick
    Thanks for this. This might help. It's good you found a possible solution. I added those settings just for these cases. IT may just be your hub needs more time to recover from a disconnect than say mine does and setting the reconnect to 7 seconds does this.

I am still revisiting the disconnect code as we speak to try and figure out why it's not saying forcefully disconnected when it disconnects for some users.

Comment

I was wondering what the difference is between the ultimate harmony hub and the other versions. I can't seem to find out which model I have even after looking all over the hub case. How many versions of the harmony hub are there. I'm wondering if I have the same model that you do and if the different models all use the same software. This could also explain some of the issues if there are different models that come into play. What does the harmony hub ultimate look like? Your thoughts on this are much appreciated. Plug-in still running. disconnects about every 3 to 4 hours but then reconnects on its own fairly quickly. Haven't had to shut plug-in down and restart to get the plug-in working again, at least not yet. I may try tweaking the settings some more to do a little more experimentation. Will let you know what I find...Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
        I was wondering what the difference is between the ultimate harmony hub and the other versions. I can't seem to find out which model I have even after looking all over the hub case. How many versions of the harmony hub are there. I'm wondering if I have the same model that you do and if the different models all use the same software. This could also explain some of the issues if there are different models that come into play. What does the harmony hub ultimate look like? Your thoughts on this are much appreciated. Plug-in still running. disconnects about every 3 to 4 hours but then reconnects on its own fairly quickly. Haven't had to shut plug-in down and restart to get the plug-in working again, at least not yet. I may try tweaking the settings some more to do a little more experimentation. Will let you know what I find...Rick
        I honestly think they all use the same actual "Hub" and just the remotes and their features differ. Some models allow more devices than others, but I think the hub is still the same and it determines the number of devices based on the main remote connected to the hub.

I'm glad it's working. The disconnects every 3-4 hours could just be hiccups in the network. Since you increased the number of missed heartbeats this makes me think that's what it is (or that the hub for some reason stops responding for a while).

Increasing the amount of time between reconnects also makes sense for your situation. From looking at your logs I think it was trying to reconnect too fast due to a failed disconnect just happening. I force a 10 second wait in this case, but in some very specific cases the failed disconnect came through as just a connection failure. I now have that fixed in the version I'll be releasing soon.

Comment

Working...
        X