www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > CFGuy Plug-Ins/Scripts > WeatherXML

WeatherXML Discussion area for WeatherXML

Old June 15th, 2018, 03:09 AM
Seer Master

Rain Information Using NOAA?

Is it possible to get any rain information using the NOAA Weather Location? Interested in rain information for Bremerton, Washington? Thanks much !!!! Rick
Old June 15th, 2018, 01:17 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Bonari View Post
Is it possible to get any rain information using the NOAA Weather Location? Interested in rain information for Bremerton, Washington? Thanks much !!!! Rick
I just installed the GoControl Z-Wave sprinkler controller, so I've been working on the logic to decide when (and for how long) to water my yard. I also use WeatherXML (which is awesome!) and I was using NOAA for my current data but found a note in the documentation that states clearly that "Rain Today" and "Rain Past Hour" are only available with Weather Underground, so I switched to that.

In another thread, I've also asked about including devices for the wunderground 10-day forecast fields qpf_allday so I can avoid watering today (or adjust the amount) based on the forecast for tomorrow (or 2-3 days out, I haven't figured out the best logic).
Old June 15th, 2018, 03:12 PM
Have A Blessed Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Bonari View Post
shill is correct. NOAA provides no rain info. Now that WU is no longer giving out API's I am trying to find someone that does.
My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, EasyTrigger, FBitSeer, HSTouch Server, Kinect, PHLocation, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2
Old June 15th, 2018, 03:16 PM
Have A Blessed Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by shill View Post
I just installed the GoControl Z-Wave sprinkler controller, so I've been working on the logic to decide when (and for how long) to water my yard. I also use WeatherXML (which is awesome!) and I was using NOAA for my current data but found a note in the documentation that states clearly that "Rain Today" and "Rain Past Hour" are only available with Weather Underground, so I switched to that.

In another thread, I've also asked about including devices for the wunderground 10-day forecast fields qpf_allday so I can avoid watering today (or adjust the amount) based on the forecast for tomorrow (or 2-3 days out, I haven't figured out the best logic).
See my reply here:
https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...=1#post1370349