Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virtual device from multiple other devices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual device from multiple other devices?

I don't know what I am asking for in Homeseer-speak just yet, but let me try -

I want to create a few 'devices' based on the status of other devices. For example my window sensors - I would like to create a single device that will be 'Alarmed' if just one of my 10 window sensors are alarmed.

The same thing for my 4 door locks - I would like to have a device that will say 'Unlocked' if just 1 of the doors is unlocked.

Is this possible?

See if this is what you are looking to do. https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=173934

Comment

Originally posted by jkmonroe View Post
      I don't know what I am asking for in Homeseer-speak just yet, but let me try -

I want to create a few 'devices' based on the status of other devices. For example my window sensors - I would like to create a single device that will be 'Alarmed' if just one of my 10 window sensors are alarmed.

The same thing for my 4 door locks - I would like to have a device that will say 'Unlocked' if just 1 of the doors is unlocked.

Is this possible?
      It is possible to do with a straight event. It is easier with the Easy Trigger plug-in. I use a script that Wayne (waynehead99) built and modified it for my use. Look at post #5 in this thread.

If you want examples using Easy Trigger or a straight Event I can post examples.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Ohh - I think I get it.

I create the virtual device and follow the instructions in the sticky - have something like On/Off but for windows or locks. I can then go and use an event and the OR IF to set the value of the newly created device.

I'll give that a try and see how it works. I don't know if I am ready for scripting just yet (I am on like week 2 of Homeseer

Thanks!

Comment

Great - I think I got it using straight events after I made a virtual device with Open/Closed values.

I had to make 2 events. The first, for Open, uses OR IF and 'changes and becomes'. That one was easy. The second, for Closed, was a bit tricky - I had to use AND IF with 'device has been' for at least 0s.

But it all seems to be working in my tests. I appreciate the pointers!

Comment

Working...
          X