HS to Tasker No Is Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS to Tasker No Is Working

I had to wipe my phone because it was getting unusably sluggish and I seem to have botched the ability for HS to talk to Tasker. The phone has great snaptivity now though! I know that the Autoremote credentials are good because I get a notification a the bottom of the screen notifying me that a message was received but Tasker doesn't do anything. Any ideas?

In the below message 551 is indeeed the ref for my HS Tasker device and Test1 is indeed the password I set up in Autoremote and in the plugin configuration and WIFIOFF is a valid Tasker task that works when run from within Tasker.
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Originally posted by S-F View Post
    I had to wipe my phone because it was getting unusably sluggish and I seem to have botched the ability for HS to talk to Tasker. The phone has great snaptivity now though! I know that the Autoremote credentials are good because I get a notification a the bottom of the screen notifying me that a message was received but Tasker doesn't do anything. Any ideas?

In the below message 551 is indeeed the ref for my HS Tasker device and Test1 is indeed the password I set up in Autoremote and in the plugin configuration and WIFIOFF is a valid Tasker task that works when run from within Tasker.
    Sorry to hear that you having issue.
    Check that tasker does not go to sleep. Disable batterysaver for Tasker.
    Enable "Allow External Access" in MISC tab.
    Not sure if Accessibility in Android settings needs to be turned on.

Can you try other commands like say and see if they work?
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Thanks for the response!

I turned on "Allow External Access"and it still doesn't work. I also turned on Tasker in accessibility. I do see the notification at the bottom of the screen though. I don't remember ever seeing that before but I may not have been looking. I don't think it's a power saving thing as this happens with the phone on in my hands.

I restored to the original Tasker backup from before I wiped my phone and it still doesn't work. Odd as it was working this morning and I don't think there has been an update to Autoremote since.

Comment

Thanks for the response!

I turned on "Allow External Access"and it still doesn't work. I also turned on Tasker in accessibility. I do see the notification at the bottom of the screen though. I don't remember ever seeing that before but I may not have been looking. I don't think it's a power saving thing as this happens with the phone on in my hands.

I restored to the original Tasker backup from before I wiped my phone and it still doesn't work. Odd as it was working this morning and I don't think there has been an update to Autoremote since.
        The notification is probably toast messages from autoremote that can be turned off for incomming or outgoing messages.
        Set debug variable to 1 in vars tab and see if you get any message.
        I had this once myself and the only thing that helped me was to reinstall tasker, don't remember if I also reinstalled autoremote.
        --
        Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

I set debug to 1, sent an other command, got the message at the bottom of the screen as usual but still no response from Tasker. Where would I be looking for a debug message?
          When you had this experience did you have to install Tasker from scratch or were you able to restore a backup?

Comment

I set debug to 1, sent an other command, got the message at the bottom of the screen as usual but still no response from Tasker. Where would I be looking for a debug message?
            When you had this experience did you have to install Tasker from scratch or were you able to restore a backup?
            Tasker debug should popup middle of the screen. If I remmember correct I hade to uninstall and then import the task again. Did not restore backup. I did not had time at that time to investigate why tasker not listen to autoremote.

Here is Another thread that confirm a reinstall may help.
            https://www.reddit.com/r/tasker/comm...on_autoremote/
            --
            Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Hmmmmm.

I wiped my phone again this morning. I installed Tasker and ran it per the instructions in the linked reddit post, restarted the phone and then installed Autoremote. Still not working. I still can control HS but HS can't control Tasker. Still no debug message. Any ideas?

Comment

Hmmmmm.

I wiped my phone again this morning. I installed Tasker and ran it per the instructions in the linked reddit post, restarted the phone and then installed Autoremote. Still not working. I still can control HS but HS can't control Tasker. Still no debug message. Any ideas?
                Strange, try to create a new profile event and select Autoremote, add a simple notify so you know if it's triggered. Trigger the command from HS or go to the url in Autoremote and enter your password and message. If that not work you may create a thread in the createor of autoremote / tasker forum.
                --
                Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
                  Strange, try to create a new profile event and select Autoremote, add a simple notify so you know if it's triggered. Trigger the command from HS or go to the url in Autoremote and enter your password and message. If that not work you may create a thread in the createor of autoremote / tasker forum.

I did like you said. I created a new profile with Autoremote looking for the message WIFIOFF and the task being my WIFIOFF task. I ran my HS test event again and, it worked. If I disable that profile it doesn't work. Is there maybe something from my Tasker installation that I could send to you for inspection? I can't help but thing that I have something misconfigured. I can't imagine what though but that's not saying much as Tasker is complex and I don't really understand it.

Comment

I did like you said. I created a new profile with Autoremote looking for the message WIFIOFF and the task being my WIFIOFF task. I ran my HS test event again and, it worked. If I disable that profile it doesn't work. Is there maybe something from my Tasker installation that I could send to you for inspection? I can't help but thing that I have something misconfigured. I can't imagine what though but that's not saying much as Tasker is complex and I don't really understand it.
                    It may be a import issue with newer versions of tasker, if you copy all lines that you see if you go into Receiver for HS3 Tasker push right side. Create a new basic auto remote event and paste back the lines you copied earlier.
                    Disable the original auto remote event.
                    --
                    Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
                      if you copy all lines that you see if you go into Receiver for HS3 Tasker push right side.

Could you clarify this? I'm not quite following what you mean.

Comment

I think I may have figured that one out. Under HS3 Engine > Profiles there is one called Receiver For HS3 Tasker Push. I copied all lines from the task, created a new Autoremote profile for all messages and linked it to an new task where I copied everything over. Still doesn't work.

Comment

I think I may have figured that one out. Under HS3 Engine > Profiles there is one called Receiver For HS3 Tasker Push. I copied all lines from the task, created a new Autoremote profile for all messages and linked it to an new task where I copied everything over. Still doesn't work.
                          Ok, sorry for delay, I was strugling with a screen record video I made but could not upload it but it sounds that you did as I suggested.

I'm out of ideas for the moment but if you want to install teamviewer on your phone then I can take a look. I need to leave now but we may can take it tomorrow.
                          --
                          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Sounds good. Just let me know. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                            X