Garage door opener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage door opener

Hi all , it's been awhile but I need some advice, I'm using the x-10 universal mod to open my garage door but have this one problem that I can't figure out, the mod is set for momentary but the delay takes too long and my door starts down and then back up, if I take a wire and momentary jumper the contacts on the mod the door works ok, so how do I speed up the time it takes the relay on the mod to open again? I'm using a Genie opener and even the manual wall switch has to be tapped very fast or the door starts down then back up.

Stretch

I had a similar problem with my LiftMaster opener. I had the decease the the mommentary mode. This mod did the trick:
    http://www.geocities.com/ido_bartana...sal_module.htm
    Larry

Comment

It looks to me that this mod is for increasing the delay not decreasing it. I came up with a temp fix that works, I created a event that turns on the universal module and then turn off the module. Works so far. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch
        It looks to me that this mod is for increasing the delay not decreasing it.
        You are correct, but the mod should work. Use a smaller capacitor (<33uf) to get a shorter delay or a larger cap to longer delay.

"change C12 to a 33 uF cap for about 12 seconds delay or change it to a 100 uF cap for about 60 seconds momentary delay"

Glad that you found a solution.

Larry
        Larry

Comment

Working...
        X