Associate one group to two devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Associate one group to two devices

I have alot of Fibaro dimmers hooked up to my wall switches. They have three groups, and two physical switches:
    1 is connected to the light the dimmer is connected to (switch 1)
    2 is for associating with other devices (switch 2)
    3 gives status updates to HomeSeer

The devices I associate to group 2 can be controlled using that switch. That works great if associated to other Fibaro dimmers (which all support instant status). A press on the button toggles the light.

But what happens if I associate two lights to one group and they have different status?
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Not sure I completely understand the problem, but if you have two lights (A and B) associated to a switch C, then A and B will (should) both be set to the state of C when pressed, irrespective of what A and B already was.

Whether you will get an update into HS from A and B when they are 'remotely' set from C I'm not sure about. All associations are direct and outside of the ZWave controller so it is up to A and B to tell HS what their new status is.

Hope this helps?
    Nicolai L

Comment

Yes, actually it does. My fibaro switches are smart enought to understand a toggle, but my "A" and "B" are not. That's why I sometimes have to press button "C" twice to turn off the signal, as C was already off.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

So it sounds like the behaviour is correct? ie if C is already off then pressing it would turn it on, which then turns A and B on and then Off when you press it again?

Could you do a double association, ie. from A and B back to C so that C is updated on the basis of the status from A and B and therefore always kept to the same status?
        Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
          So it sounds like the behaviour is correct? ie if C is already off then pressing it would turn it on, which then turns A and B on and then Off when you press it again?
          Yes, I believe so.

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
          Could you do a double association, ie. from A and B back to C so that C is updated on the basis of the status from A and B and therefore always kept to the same status?
          While this is a great idea, I don't think it's possible. Switch C is really just Group 2 on switch D, switch C doesn't have a HomeSeer device.

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
            While this is a great idea, I don't think it's possible. Switch C is really just Group 2 on switch D, switch C doesn't have a HomeSeer device.
            As you probably know HS does allow creation of association of other groups than 1 so you might be able to get it working.

Alternative you might be able to set up the association if you have a remote control that supports creation of associations. I use Vitrum switches and I have one of their remote controls as part of my HS network. I use this to set up associations as I can't get HS to create an association FROM anything other than group 1.
            Nicolai L

Comment

Working...
            X