My Arduino plugin based irrigation system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Arduino plugin based irrigation system

I just thought I'd share my little creation here. Here in Norway, we have actually had a pretty nice summer. It has actually been warm and sunny, and not being familiar with long lasting weather of that type, our lawn was not happy. I did water the lawn manually, but I got tired of moving the hose out of the way of the robot lawn mower.

I've programmed with Netduinos before, and thought I would just use that. It's just a matter of turning some relays on and off, so it would not be that difficult. I haven't programmed a Arduino board in my life.

But this plugin got me thinking. If I could control it from HomeSeer, that would be awesome! I have much information about the environment in HomeSeer already!

The rest was pretty easy. I ordered four 24V valves, some relays, Arduino board and a ethernet shield from eBay, and bought some hoses and sprinklers.

... and the rest is history, as they say. It's been operating from the end of july and has been rock solid.
    Attached Files
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Looks nice !
    Seems the same as i am doing with controlling the curtains and luxaflex but i hope its working better at your side.
    Mine has a life of his own sometimes.

Comment

My system has been rock stable. Close to being the most stable system in the house...
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Working...
      X