Delayed CID announcement with HSPhone enabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delayed CID announcement with HSPhone enabled

I'm finally upgrading to HS3 after several years on HS2. I've installed the trial version of BLNetCallerID, and it does a great job of announcing incoming calls, until I enable HSPhone. I usually get the "Phone Line 1 CID data..." in the log after the first ring with the proper caller info when the phone rings, but the "Speak ():You have an incoming call from..." entry in the log with the announcement does not show up until exactly 2 minutes later.

It works fine if I disable HSPhone, and I could probably live with that, but it keeps me from being able to use the phonebook functions of HSPhone.

I had a modified version of the WAF-NetCallerID script working for quite a while, that not only spoke the CID info, but also added on the location to the end. That allowed me to know from which location a person was calling. It seems that the Blade plugin for my NetCallerID will allow me to do the same thing, but I have to have HSPhone enabled to do so.

Any ideas why I'm getting a long delay in CID announcements when HSPhone is enabled? I haven't even selected the

Add new callers to HomeSeer Phonebook or Forward Caller Id Info to HomeSeer Phone options in BLNetCallerID options, yet, only enabled HS Phone.

I haven't completely set up HSPhone yet, as I'm still trying to figure out how to accomplish that without adding my old Way2Call USB device. I don't intend to use HSPhone for anything other than Phonebook functions. Would not setting up completely HSPhone cause this problem, even if BLNetCallerID is not sending data to HSPhone?

Thank you,
    Jerry

Log a ticket on my web site for this.
    Turn on debug logging in the plugin with HSPhone enabled, then capture the issue with the delay. Then turn off debug logging and attach the BLNetCallerId-Detailed.log file zipped to the ticket
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Thanks, Bob. Here's the file...
      Attached Files

Comment

Can you log a ticket on my site and attach the debug log zipped to the ticket.
        It is much easier to track that way and you will get an email each time I respond.
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Roger...Wilco

Comment

Working...
          X