zwave device status almost always incorrect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon102034050 View Post
    Hey all - I'm having issues with my zwave network, not really sure how long it's been going on, but I've really only noticed it as of late because I'm planning to put a couple touchscreens on the walls that will map lights, and their status within the floorplan of my house. When my devices are manually pressed, the status doesn't appear to get updated in HS. My devices consist of VMRX1-1LZ, VRS15-1LZ, RF9540, RF9501, and HS-WS100+ (all support instant status). I'm using a Smartstick+ with HS3 Pro 3.0.0.297 on Ubuntu. I've performed several full network optimizations and looked through return routes and such, most of my devices appear to be communicating direct to the smartstick.

thoughts?
    What hardware are you running HS3 on? What does the CPU usage show?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Kerat View Post
      Is this a Windows system? If so have you confirmed that power setting are set to high performance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      No, I'm running this on Ubuntu 16.04.1. I'm not aware of any power saving settings in Ubuntu, but I'll look around

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      What hardware are you running HS3 on? What does the CPU usage show?
      It's running on an i7 Intel NUC w/ 8GB of mem and a Corsair 512GB SSD. From what I can tell, the box doesn't seem to be at all stressed.

Comment

Would you check to ensure that Intel speedstep is disabled in BIOS?

Comment

Would you check to ensure that Intel speedstep is disabled in BIOS?

Great call - didn't think to check c-states or p-states. I'll check this when I get some time tomorrow morning

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

No, I'm running this on Ubuntu 16.04.1. I'm not aware of any power saving settings in Ubuntu, but I'll look around

It's running on an i7 Intel NUC w/ 8GB of mem and a Corsair 512GB SSD. From what I can tell, the box doesn't seem to be at all stressed.

Ok, good news, to my knowledge Ubuntu does not enable OS power saving features out of the box.

Comment

Ok, good news, to my knowledge Ubuntu does not enable OS power saving features out of the box.

Well, you may have solved it. "Max Performance" was disabled.... Not sure what this is, but it certainly may have been contributing to these issues. I haven't really had any slowness issues recently, so who knows what it could have been. I just know that this certainly can't hurt. Thanks!!

Comment

Another thing you might want to look at is USB power saving features. I wish I could get my HS3 system completely off of USB devices. Ideally it would all be IP so I could run it in a VM which I could backup regularly and stand up in a new host in minutes should things go pear shaped with my hardware. At any rate, People have reported problems with power saving feature in Windows for USB devices so if it were a situation you're experiencing you wouldn't be pioneering the situation.
                Originally posted by rprade
                There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                  Another thing you might want to look at is USB power saving features. I wish I could get my HS3 system completely off of USB devices. Ideally it would all be IP so I could run it in a VM which I could backup regularly and stand up in a new host in minutes should things go pear shaped with my hardware. At any rate, People have reported problems with power saving feature in Windows for USB devices so if it were a situation you're experiencing you wouldn't be pioneering the situation.
                  Good to know, thanks. I'm using Ubuntu though, so it may not be relevant here.

Comment

zwave device status almost always incorrect

Crossing my fingers.

Power saving features are almost always a mess, and it seems like everyone is trying it... M$, VMware, server hardware manufacturers... it only gets worse when you try to host services on systems with these settings enabled...
                    I cannot tell you how often I have ran into power saving features being at the root of a problem.

Last edited by Kerat; November 30, 2016, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Good to know, thanks. I'm using Ubuntu though, so it may not be relevant here.

You've gotta check anyway. I'm not a Linux guy and won't be until Windows 7 stops getting supported.
                      Originally posted by rprade
                      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Working...
                      X