Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding ZWave devices on Zee S2

I have HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.313

I had my ZWave devices working but the Schlage lock would not work. As I only have a few Zwave devices I decided to wipe the controller and start over.

The switches will not add. So I brought a plug module over within a few feet of the Zee and then it added ok. But I cant take the Zee with me to every switch as its wired into the LAN as well as power. And the lock and the wall switches dont move obviously.

So what do I do?

I have an old ZWave controller I used to use with a battery when I had everything on a PC. That works with a serial connection. Is there a way to use that maybe to gather the nodes? Lost as to what else to try

What kind of switches? The newer switches use network wide inclusion, so if you get the closest one to add, the others should add... In theory.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by mworsnop View Post
      And the lock and the wall switches dont move obviously.
      I have a test electrical outlet near my HS system where I install and add switches prior to moving them to the final location. It's a bit of a pain, especially for many of them, but doable. For locks, they can easily be removed and put near the HS system. You just need the keypad and indoor unit without the "bolt" part that is inside the door.

The other option may be to find a used z-troller, backup your z-wave controller and then restore to the z-troller, add the devices, backup the z-troller and then restore to the Zee. I don't have a Zee, so don't know for sure if you can backup and restore its z-wave interface. You could also use a very long CAT5/5e/6 patch cable and a USB power bank to power the Zee while you add the devices.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Also, I think the newer zee units come with WiFi. Not sure if it is enabled or not though...

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I am going to take the Zee to the door and the other switches using a long LAN cable and power. Seems kinda of silly but what other choice do I have? LOL

Thanks for the replies!

Comment

Working...
          X