This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Spud,

Nice plugin, great work. Getting better with every version. Upgraded to 3.0.0.6 yesterday. Two questions:

- The "Artist" field is always empty, no matter what I view or listen too. It that a plugin issue (or not yet implemented) or because the streaming services do not populate that field?
    - Using groups; it would be great if the "application, artist, image, status and title" fields are also populated to the devices in the group. Is that possible?

Keep up the good work!
    stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
      Hi Spud,

Nice plugin, great work. Getting better with every version. Upgraded to 3.0.0.6 yesterday. Two questions:

- The "Artist" field is always empty, no matter what I view or listen too. It that a plugin issue (or not yet implemented) or because the streaming services do not populate that field?
      - Using groups; it would be great if the "application, artist, image, status and title" fields are also populated to the devices in the group. Is that possible?

Keep up the good work!
      Did you try Google play for the artist?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
      Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

Originally posted by SkipperNick View Post
        minor bug:
        Code:
        Chromecast	ERROR DeleteOldWaveFiles Directory '/opt/HomeSeer\html\Wave' not found.
        Version: 3.0.0.5

I assume this is because I'm running on Linux; /opt/HomeSeer/html/Wave, on the other hand, does exist =)
        should be fixed in version 3.0.0.7

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
          If it's not a lot of work for you then I would very much appreciate this addition to keep backward compatibility with existing events that specify a different path.
          done in version 3.0.0.7

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
            done in version 3.0.0.7
            Spud,

Thank you for adding this. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working for me. Here is the test event and the resulting log entries. The notification sound does not play, I just get the "Hello World".

Code:
            Oct-26 10:57:38 PM	 	Event	Event _Testing Speak Chromecast triggered by the event page 'Run' button.
            Oct-26 10:57:38 PM	 	Event	Event Trigger "_Testing Speak Chromecast"
            Oct-26 10:57:38 PM	 	Chromecast	INFO (Living Room Home): C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Media\notification.mp3
            Oct-26 10:57:38 PM	 	Chromecast	INFO (Living Room Home): Hello world!
            Oct-26 10:57:38 PM	 	TTS	Speak: (Living Room Home:*):Hello world!
            Attached Files

Comment

could you check if you mp3 file is copied into html\Wave

also, have you tried to only play the mp3 file? Does it work?
              the TTS may interrupt the loading of the mp3, hence you may need to add an explicit wait action between the 2 actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Igorski88 View Post
                Will I be able to see if something is already playing? This way I can setup events that won't trigger if music is playing.

Extremely excited and looking forward to the Linux version!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                This would be a great addition! I'd like to have HS3 turn on my russound amps when I stream to a particular chromecast. I like to leave the amps off most of the time since the power supplies aren't great.

Please let me know if it's still on the horizon :-). Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jryan15 View Post
                  This would be a great addition! I'd like to have HS3 turn on my russound amps when I stream to a particular chromecast. I like to leave the amps off most of the time since the power supplies aren't great.

Please let me know if it's still on the horizon :-). Thanks!
                  It should already be working using the latest Beta version (3.0.0.7)
                  The status device is set to "playing" when something is streamed to the chromecast.

Comment

Very cool, I'll check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                      could you check if you mp3 file is copied into html\Wave

also, have you tried to only play the mp3 file? Does it work?
                      the TTS may interrupt the loading of the mp3, hence you may need to add an explicit wait action between the 2 actions.
                      Yes, the file does get copied to html\Wave. And yes it does work if I remove the second speak action and only speak the mp3 file.

I tested adding different lengths of wait time between the two speak actions and what I found was that the mp3 plays if I add a three second or more wait, but anything less than three the mp3 does not play.

I thought that the "Wait for Speaking to Finish" setting would take care of the necessary wait time before the second speak action?

Comment

I've been testing the beta. It works great, but there is one issue that is causing me a little trouble. When I cast pandora from my phone, the chromecast addon on picks it up immediately, but if I disconnect the stream from my phone, the addon still thinks that the song is still present and playing. It just hangs in the playing state.

Probably wouldn't be an issue, but I'm using the state change to "playing" to turn on my amps. Since the addon can hang in the "playing" state, my amp turn-on routine isn't too reliable.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comment

I am running now with 3 Chromecast music, 1 Chromecast HDMI and 1 Google home mini.
                          I made 2 virtual Chromecasts for group playing.
                          When I play music to a group, the group devices reflect the playing, but the members stay like they are.
                          So status of Chromecast 1 stays idle while the group it belongs to is playing.

Also the status will be Unknown for a device after a while.

I also noticed that the status will freeze after a while. To get it back working I have to stop the casting to the device in my chrome browser and stop/start the plugin.
                          Is this something to add to the connect/disconnect device. What exactly is the connect/disconnect device doing at the moment?

I also have the same speak problem. Starting a stream to close to a speaking command will cancel the speaking command.
                          Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

I have two nearly identical events. The one to open the garage door does not speak on my chromecast but the one to close the garage door does.

HS3 issue or chromecast plug-in issue? I see the open garage door event lacks the CHROMECAST INFO line, but it speaks on the PC just not the Google Home device.

Oct-30 18:24:53 email Email successfully sent to ##########@vtext.com
                            Oct-30 18:24:53 Event Event Trigger "Garage Door Notifications Garage Door Closed"
                            Oct-30 18:24:53 Z-Wave Device: Doors Garage Garage Door Set to Closed
                            Oct-30 18:24:41 Z-Wave Device: Doors Garage Garage Door Set to Closing
                            Oct-30 18:24:36 TTS Speak: (3187-HOME-DEFAULT):The garage door is open. I'm closing the garage door.
                            Oct-30 18:24:36 Chromecast INFO (Kitchen Home): The garage door is open. I'm closing the garage door.
                            Oct-30 18:24:36 Device Control Device: Doors Garage Garage Door to Close (0)
                            Oct-30 18:24:36 Event Event Trigger "ZRC Group 1-Close Garage Door"
                            Oct-30 18:24:00 email Email successfully sent to ##########@vtext.com
                            Oct-30 18:24:00 Device Control Device: Security Virtual Night Intruder to On (100)
                            Oct-30 18:24:00 Event Event Trigger "Garage Door Notifications Garage Door Opens"
                            Oct-30 18:24:00 Z-Wave Device: Doors Garage Garage Door Set to Open
                            Oct-30 18:23:54 Z-Wave Device: Doors Garage Garage Door Set to Opening
                            Oct-30 18:23:49 TTS Speak: (kitchen Home:*,3187-HOME DEFAULT):The garage door is closed. I'm opening the garage door.
                            Oct-30 18:23:49 Device Control Device: Doors Garage Garage Door to Open (255)
                            Oct-30 18:23:49 Event Event Trigger "ZRC Group 1-Open Garage Door"

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                              I have two nearly identical events. The one to open the garage door does not speak on my chromecast but the one to close the garage door does.

HS3 issue or chromecast plug-in issue? I see the open garage door event lacks the CHROMECAST INFO line, but it speaks on the PC just not the Google Home device.

Oct-30 18:24:53 email Email successfully sent to ##########@vtext.com
                              Oct-30 18:24:53 Event Event Trigger "Garage Door Notifications Garage Door Closed"
                              Oct-30 18:24:53 Z-Wave Device: Doors Garage Garage Door Set to Closed
                              Oct-30 18:24:41 Z-Wave Device: Doors Garage Garage Door Set to Closing
                              Oct-30 18:24:36 TTS Speak: (3187-HOME-DEFAULT):The garage door is open. I'm closing the garage door.
                              Oct-30 18:24:36 Chromecast INFO (Kitchen Home): The garage door is open. I'm closing the garage door.
                              Oct-30 18:24:36 Device Control Device: Doors Garage Garage Door to Close (0)
                              Oct-30 18:24:36 Event Event Trigger "ZRC Group 1-Close Garage Door"
                              Oct-30 18:24:00 email Email successfully sent to ##########@vtext.com
                              Oct-30 18:24:00 Device Control Device: Security Virtual Night Intruder to On (100)
                              Oct-30 18:24:00 Event Event Trigger "Garage Door Notifications Garage Door Opens"
                              Oct-30 18:24:00 Z-Wave Device: Doors Garage Garage Door Set to Open
                              Oct-30 18:23:54 Z-Wave Device: Doors Garage Garage Door Set to Opening
                              Oct-30 18:23:49 TTS Speak: (kitchen Home:*,3187-HOME DEFAULT):The garage door is closed. I'm opening the garage door.
                              Oct-30 18:23:49 Device Control Device: Doors Garage Garage Door to Open (255)
                              Oct-30 18:23:49 Event Event Trigger "ZRC Group 1-Open Garage Door"
                              not sure to understand which one works and which doesn't
                              but it looks like you have a case issue on the "k" of Kitchen

here you have lower case:
                              Code:
                              TTS	Speak: (kitchen Home:*,3187-HOME DEFAULT):The garage door is closed. I'm opening the garage door.
                              but here you have upper case:
                              Code:
                              Oct-30 18:24:36	 	Chromecast	INFO (Kitchen Home): The garage door is open. I'm closing the garage door.

Comment

not sure to understand which one works and which doesn't
                                but it looks like you have a case issue on the "k" of Kitchen
                                Wow, I even created an entirely new event and committed the same mistake.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X