www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > CFGuy Plug-Ins/Scripts > WeatherXML

WeatherXML Discussion area for WeatherXML

Old April 10th, 2018, 06:36 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFGuy View Post
For the alerts the URL is entered wrong.
On the page to setup the alerts the url starts with:
http://alerts.weather.gov/
In the textbox you need to have:
/cap/ks.php?x=0

The only change would be to replace the ks with the 2 letter abbreviation for your state....
That worked for me. I wasn't getting any error messages, though, before this fix. I just wasn't getting any alerts. Can the alerts be narrowed down to a county in a state?

Elliott
Old April 10th, 2018, 06:42 PM
Have A Blessed Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richel View Post
That worked for me. I wasn't getting any error messages, though, before this fix. I just wasn't getting any alerts. Can the alerts be narrowed down to a county in a state?

Elliott
Not the alerts that are in the xml file. But after the alerts start downloading you should see the areas start to populate. For most states, areas are counties. As you add Alert Triggers, you can select which counties you want alerts from. The other alerts will still be in the xml file, they just won't be imported into the HS devices.
My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, EasyTrigger, FBitSeer, HSTouch Server, Kinect, PHLocation, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2
Old April 10th, 2018, 09:47 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Yep. I should be able to work on adding it this weekend.
The rest of the week will be a bit busy.

So an option that instead of trying to download the file, it would just run a command line program with the correct parameters for the URL and file name.

Probably need a text box to allow entering the pathway to where curl is installed.

Sound right?
Sounds perfect! Or since curl only has two parts, you could just specify that they be placed in the HS3 main folder so you'd know where to find them.

Thanks for your help on this!!

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.318, HS3Touch 3.0.0.68, Zwave 3.0.1.87, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.33, WeatherXML, Z-stick, CM15A 3.0.0.8, HS phone, Way2Call
Old April 11th, 2018, 06:14 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Not the alerts that are in the xml file. But after the alerts start downloading you should see the areas start to populate. For most states, areas are counties. As you add Alert Triggers, you can select which counties you want alerts from. The other alerts will still be in the xml file, they just won't be imported into the HS devices.
Got it. Thanks.

Elliott
Old April 12th, 2018, 09:16 AM
Have A Blessed Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITguyHS View Post
Sounds perfect! Or since curl only has two parts, you could just specify that they be placed in the HS3 main folder so you'd know where to find them.

Thanks for your help on this!!
In keeping with the suggested file locations for plugins, I will look for curl in the HS3\Bin\weatherXML directory. I will also provide the textbox in case you have it installed somewhere else.

Do you have a safe URL to download curl? I will install it for testing.
Old April 12th, 2018, 09:36 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Do you have a safe URL to download curl? I will install it for testing.
I used version curl_7.53.1- 32 bit of cUrl from https://winampplugins.co.uk/curl/
This is one of the linked sites from the offical curl website. I tried several versions, but this is the most simple one that includes the SSL support. Ran several virus scans over it to be sure. Came up clean.
Old April 20th, 2018, 04:57 PM
Have A Blessed Day

I worked on this last weekend and got the interface added for setup.
Need to finish the NOAA forecast function to call curl.
I'm out of town this weekend but hope to have this working by the end of this month.
Old April 21st, 2018, 09:39 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
I worked on this last weekend and got the interface added for setup.
Need to finish the NOAA forecast function to call curl.
I'm out of town this weekend but hope to have this working by the end of this month.
Thanks, Jeff!
Old May 9th, 2018, 06:35 PM
Have A Blessed Day

I finished the code and will be testing to make sure the code doesn't cause any errors on my development server this week.
If it goes well, I hope to submit a beta version to the updater next week.
Old May 10th, 2018, 09:40 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
I finished the code and will be testing to make sure the code doesn't cause any errors on my development server this week.
If it goes well, I hope to submit a beta version to the updater next week.
Thanks! I'll be watching for it. If you'd like me to help you alpha-test it, just let me know.
Old May 26th, 2018, 11:57 AM
Have A Blessed Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITguyHS View Post
Thanks! I'll be watching for it. If you'd like me to help you alpha-test it, just let me know.

If you can email me at jeff at myautomatedhome dot net, I'll send you a version that you can test the curl changes. Planning on working on several things this monday. Won't get much done today as I have a couple of the grandkids over.
Old May 30th, 2018, 02:46 PM
Seer Deluxe

If you've been following this thread, the "use curl" functionality is available as of version 3.0.0.87.

1. Download curl from https://winampplugins.co.uk/curl/. Other versions of curl should also work, as long as they include https support! Place the two curl objects [curl.exe and ca-bundle.crt] in the folder HS3\Bin\WeatherXML or in another location of your choice.
2. Under Wxml "locations" tab, look for "NOAA Weather Forecast Setup" and check the "use curl" box. [If you chose to place curl in other than the default location, then specify the path to curl in the setup box.]

That's it. Future downloads will use curl to get NOAA info.
Old May 31st, 2018, 10:33 PM
Seer

This is great! My forecast and alert data downloads no longer error out. Unfortunately my current conditions download errors persist, e.g. "May-31 21:16:01 weatherXML Error downloadFile: weatherXML: curcond.jpg from: http://forecast.weather.gov/images/wtf/small/nskc.png. Error: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. " The image file does appear when the URL is typed in the browser. AND, the images seem to make it into the database, as I can see them on the user page.I really don't need or use these images, just still getting the log error. Also getting this error, never got it before: "May-31 22:20:00 weatherXML Error replaceWVariables Forecast: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: replacement". I assume this is an issue caused by going so long without getting populating forecast data into the DB, which I figure will work itself out over time...
Old May 31st, 2018, 10:59 PM
Have A Blessed Day

I didn't have time to get the fix in for the current condition image earlier this week. I worked on it tonight and will have it tested tomorrow.