Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
    Frank,

The PI continues to crash. Any suggestions for troubleshooting?

Current Date/Time: 5/7/2018 5:53:54 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.423
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate - Work Station
    System Uptime: 9 Days 0 Hours 29 Minutes 59 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.0.2
    Number of Devices: 828
    Number of Events: 358
    Available Threads: 400
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 1
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.54.0: BLBackup
    3.0.14.0: BLLock
    1.0.3.0: BLShutdown
    3.1.3.33206: Blue-Iris
    2.0.22.0: BLUPS
    3.0.0.46: EasyTrigger
    3.0.3.9: MeiHarmonyHub
    3.0.0.14: NetCAM
    2.1.6.0: OpenSprinkler
    3.0.1.109: PHLocation
    0.0.0.38: Pushover 3P
    3.0.5.9: SDJ-Health
    3.1.0.22: Sonos
    3.0.0.83: weatherXML
    3.0.1.206: Z-Wave
    As many logs as you can provide might help on my end. I'm still trying to free up time to add more debugging to the code to try and catch why it's crashing for you. You can check the HS logs at the time of the crash as well and it might give you an error. You're the only case I've run into where the plugin crashes.

My only thought is maybe the version of HS. You are on .423 and I think .435 is the newest version. Granted, I am on an even older version, but I remember there being issues with the versions released just before .435

Comment

Frank,

I removed the plugin as you mentioned and then loaded the beta. (now the released lattest version).
      It worked for a few hours and then crashed with a windows error box saying that the harmony hub plugin has stopped running. I have recently updated to version .435 HS3 Software before reloading plugin. Very frustrated.

I will send you the debug log as I still have it in debug logging mode. Could the fact that it is in debug logging mode that the plugin is crashing?

Maybe you could upgrade your homeseer software to .435 to see what happens?

Thanks again....Rick

Comment

Yes, I will update to .435 tonight and see if I can reproduce locally.

Comment

Hopefully attached is the latest debug log. It is really big !!!!!!!!! I also disabled a couple of plugins in the plugin manager to see if this has any affect on the harmony hub plugin operation.

Rick
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Rick Bonari; May 8, 2018, 05:26 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
            Hopefully attached is the latest debug log. It is really big !!!!!!!!! I also disabled a couple of plugins in the plugin manager to see if this has any affect on the harmony hub plugin operation.

Rick
            I read through the log from yesterday and it looked like it lost connection a lot, but I didn't see a crash. I assume he crash was from today. The log file called "MeiHarmonyHub.log" was from 4/30 so didn't offer any insight into the crash. I am installing .435 on my dev machine now and I am adding in a bit more logging and I will let it run over night (or see if it crashes relatively quickly).

Comment

I have .435 running with the plugin running and so far nothing. I will keep the laptop running and see if anything happens.

Comment

Regarding the Log, I appended different days onto the log file. If you look all the way down into the log file you should see yesterdays log information.

OK, have come up with something interesting. I am unable to set the plugin to connect or disconnect but the plugin is executing commands just fine to the TV. This is strange it says it is disconnected yet is executing TV commands just fine. Maybe this will give some clue as to what might be going on?

If I recall that was a huge file I gave you so go way down to the bottom of the file and look at the recent data.

Let me know what you think about the plugin not allowing me to connect with the connect buttons and yet the hub is connected to plugin otherwise I would not be able to control TV via your plugin.

Thanks Again.....Rick B.

Comment

Just wondering if you have had a chance to look at the log data I provided. You have to make sure and look towards the end of the files for the lattest dates.

Seems like it is a connection problem with the plugin. Looks like others are having the same issue.

Also I have noticed the plugin causes issues with homeseer software operation.

Thanks much.....Rick

Comment

I looked at the logs. The one named MeiHarmonyHub.log starts on 2018-04-30 13:56:57 and ends on 2018-04-30 20:54:04 (taken directly from the first and last message in the log).

The one called MeiHarmonyHub.log.20180507 starts on 2018-05-07 00:00:17 and ends on 2018-05-07 23:31:55 (taken from the first and last message in the log).

Perhaps you forgot to save when you put them in one file?

In other news, I have reproduced the crash using .435 and I am attempting to catch it and fix it. Currently all I get is a very generic message. I also only seem to get it during a reconnect, so at least that narrows it down.

Comment

I'm curious. When both of you had failures, was it exactly 24 hours after starting the plugin? I have a theory on why the crash might be happening, but if my theory is correct, it would happen when updating the devices and activities.

It may not be 24 hours, the default is 24 hours and is in the general settings called "Device Polling (0 to disable)".

Note that I think the crash may only happen if the polling kicks off while a hub is disconnected and attempting to reconnect. I've changed some code and I'm testing it now so that it makes sure the plugin is connected before running this code.

I also found a bug where the hub sends back an unexpected message when connecting (this should be expected since it basically always broadcasts out it's messages). so instead of the "Oh Yeah, yeah, I know who you are now", it sends back a message before that, which is causing the connection to fail. This would happen if your time between reconnects is somewhat short (I've had it happen at 5 second reconnect attempts). To solve this, I put in a 10 second sleep time if this happens to give the hub and plugin some time to breath before attempting it again.

I'll keep this thread updated. I'm going on PTO for a week, but not from this, only from work, so that means I'll have MORE time to work on the plugin

I'm dedicated to getting this fixes for you two and for any others who are having issues

Comment

The plugin crashes on me after abou a half hour. It affects other plugins and version .435 homeseer software in general?

Comment

The plugin crashes on me after abou a half hour. It affects other plugins and version .435 homeseer software in general?
                          Can you provide logs leading up to the crash?

Comment

I have provided several logs. The other problem now is I can't keep the plugin running long enough to get ueable data before windows throws an error message that the plugin has stopped. Problem got worse when homeseer software was updated to .435. Any other suggestions would be appreciated and thanks for addressing mine and others issues with this. It can't be easy. I think homeseer .435 software has something to do with this. Might be worth talking to the software engineers at homeseer? Thanks again !!!! Your efforts are appreciated !!!!! Rick

Comment

I have provided several logs. The other problem now is I can't keep the plugin running long enough to get ueable data before windows throws an error message that the plugin has stopped. Problem got worse when homeseer software was updated to .435. Any other suggestions would be appreciated and thanks for addressing mine and others issues with this. It can't be easy. I think homeseer .435 software has something to do with this. Might be worth talking to the software engineers at homeseer? Thanks again !!!! Your efforts are appreciated !!!!! Rick
                              As I mentioned before, the logs you provided were 1) for an older version you were no longer using (4/30) and 2) for a day where I didn't see any crashes (5/7). You are welcome to download the logs and verify that there are only those 2 days in the logs.

also note that I believe the logs you provided previously were not for the crashing issue (but I may be wrong). Either way I need the logs for just before it crashes, which I have yet to receive.

I will release a version tonight (3.0.3.11) which will have some added debugging added around the connection code and a fix for probably an unrelated issue. All this version does is add debug logging and hopefully catches the error and prevents the crash. If it continues to still not reconnect I will need more logs from this version.
                              Last edited by sirmeili; May 11, 2018, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Also, on Monday I will update my production machine to .435. I run about 18 plugins on that machine from various authors and I will be on Vacation and my family will be away so not affected by any issues.

This way I can try and reproduce in a production environment with multiple plugins running at the same time.

I would do it before then, but it's mother's day weekend and I'm gonna gonna mess with the WAF until after Sunday

Comment

Working...
                                X