www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HomeSeer Amazon Echo Skill

HomeSeer Amazon Echo Skill Discussions regarding HomeSeer's Amazon Echo Skill

Old January 11th, 2018, 05:43 PM
Seer Plus

Alexa volume

Can i have HS3 to change the volume of Alexa.

I would like to turn the Alexa volume down at night, so that she does not talk so loud as during the day.

I dont like that i have to turn her down using the buttons on the Dot.
I would like this automated from HS.
Is this possible?
Old January 11th, 2018, 06:24 PM
OverSeer

I dont know of a way to do this, but am subscribing in case someone knows...

HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi2 (Raspbian)
62 Z-Wave Nodes, 162 Events, 293 Devices
UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler
Old January 11th, 2018, 07:52 PM
OverSeer

You can just tell Alexa - turn down the volume, or volume 1 for the lowest. I believe it ranges from 1 to 10. As well, there is base and treble control you can set the same way.

Robert
HS3PRO 3.0.0.318 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dot, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.
Old January 11th, 2018, 08:03 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by langenet View Post
You can just tell Alexa - turn down the volume, or volume 1 for the lowest. I believe it ranges from 1 to 10. As well, there is base and treble control you can set the same way.

Robert
Yep - I do that all the time, but you cant do this from HS.
Old January 11th, 2018, 08:40 PM
Seer Deluxe

You could schedule a homeseer event to speak a phrase if you have the homeseer speaker clients setup and audio throughout the house. My dots seem to work with this idea, but haven't setup any official events to do something, its all been just experimentation so far.
Old January 12th, 2018, 06:02 AM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPodlin View Post
You could schedule a homeseer event to speak a phrase if you have the homeseer speaker clients setup and audio throughout the house. My dots seem to work with this idea, but haven't setup any official events to do something, its all been just experimentation so far.
Not useble for me.
Have no speaker clients nor do i want to hear this every night and morning.
Old January 12th, 2018, 06:02 AM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by langenet View Post

Robert
My hole point is that i dont want to do it manually.
It should be automated.
Old January 12th, 2018, 05:54 PM
OverSeer

I have my echo connected to my stereo system. I control the stereo volume via HS3. This allows me to play bedtime music and gradually reduce the volume to 0. The volume is returned to the default level after Alexa quits playing (3-4 hours for most Amazon playlists).

I have used this approach for many years before Echo came along. It was very easy to hook up Alexa; just plug and play.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk