VWS info Data is older than 15 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VWS info Data is older than 15 minutes

There are fewer weather stations that work with the Virtual Weather Station software and print out a vws file that works with your program so I wrote a little perl program that takes my Acurite weather station data and outputs it into a VWS file in the same order as my old Oregon Scientific WMR200 did. The weather data come across fine and Homeseer picks up all the information correctly.

My issue is that your software prints the following in the homeseer log every second:

Jan-13 1:10:28 PM VWS Info Data is older than 15 minutes, Check VWS

Is there a software switch (or script switch) in your program to stop this error message from being written to the log?

Or could you tell me how it is determining if the data is older than 15 minutes so I can have my perl program write the file more often with the update time information?

Thanks

Originally posted by williamwyoung View Post
    There are fewer weather stations that work with the Virtual Weather Station software and print out a vws file that works with your program so I wrote a little perl program that takes my Acurite weather station data and outputs it into a VWS file in the same order as my old Oregon Scientific WMR200 did. The weather data come across fine and Homeseer picks up all the information correctly.

My issue is that your software prints the following in the homeseer log every second:

Jan-13 1:10:28 PM VWS Info Data is older than 15 minutes, Check VWS

Is there a software switch (or script switch) in your program to stop this error message from being written to the log?

Or could you tell me how it is determining if the data is older than 15 minutes so I can have my perl program write the file more often with the update time information?

Thanks
    I will look at my code, it's been awhile since I've worked on it. Should be easy to determine though. I am out of town at the moment, but have my laptop with me.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

The first few coma delimited entries in the CSV file are as follows:

Code:
        ' The following represents the data order
                  ' in the realtime CSV delimited file
                  CSVVersion = CSng(Fields(0))
                  DataYear = CShort(Fields(1))
                  DataMonth = CShort(Fields(2))
                  DataDay = CShort(Fields(3))
                  DataHour = CShort(Fields(4))
                  DataMinute = CShort(Fields(5))
                  DataSecond = CShort(Fields(6))
      and my code checks for this freshness of data.

Code:
      Try
                  ' Determine the freshness of the data
                  WxDate = New DateTime(DataYear, DataMonth, DataDay, DataHour, DataMinute, DataSecond)

If WxDate < DateAdd("n", -15, Now()) Then  ' If the data is over 15 minutes old

' A value of 2 means that our data is old
                      clsHelper.UpdateHSDevice(gZoneNames(0), "Wx Date: **CSV Data OLD** " & WxDate.ToString(), 2, False)

If Not gDevelop Then
                          clsHelper.OutputHSLog("Data is older than 15 minutes, Check VWS", NORMAL_LOGGING, "Info", COLOR_BLACK)
                      End If

Else
                      ' A value of 1 means that we have reasonably current data
                      clsHelper.UpdateHSDevice(gZoneNames(0), "Wx Date: " & WxDate.ToString(), 1, False)
                  End If

Catch ex As Exception
                  clsHelper.OutputHSLog("Exception Error in ProcessCSVData()---DataAge: " & ex.Message, MANDATORY_LOGGING, "Error", COLOR_RED)
              End Try
      Hope this helps you.
      -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
      VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
      Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Working...
      X