Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anom3 View Post
    Thank you!!!!!

I am updating one of my sensors now. It is taking quite a while, but progressing.

Looks like it will take about 2hrs to update one sensor in my case. No worries though, better then the alternative

Will post my results when I finish.

I am using a RazBerry v2 btw. I am watching the logs, and sensor is accepting the packets. Looks like there are about 2000 of them for the full update, I am at 990 now.
    I can see if I can compress the file making the update faster. If you have a need for other hex files, please tell me and I can provide them. 2h is crazy for updating, normally this would take no more than 10 seconds.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PaulHolland; May 6, 2018, 08:02 AM.

Comment

heya paul.

its because the device keeps going to sleep (yes even thought i am powering it off usb). when i press the wake button it awakes and goes faster.

but the bad news is that my sensor does not accept this firmware.

im 100% sure i have the correct sensor, eu version.

the firmware gets sent to the device, but then nothing changes. the old firmware remains.

im using razberry v2 to update, sending it to target 1 "additional chip".

i tried sending to target 0 "z-wave chip" (danger!) but razberry just refused as it probably checks the file to see if its correct to update the z-wave chip rather then application chip.

so i am not sure where to go from here. i am trying again now will report my progress.

Originally posted by PaulHolland View Post
      I can see if I can compress the file making the update faster. If you have a need for other hex files, please tell me and I can provide them. 2h is crazy for updating, normally this would take no more than 10 seconds.

Comment

By Magic

Strange, the file is from their update tool.. it's 100% fine.
        Last edited by PaulHolland; May 6, 2018, 02:12 PM.

Comment

guessing here, but there is a chance that the updater sets one of the (undocumented) config parameters to some value before sending the update.

thats how quite a few z-wave devices do things.

a) set config param to X value
          b) send the new firmware
          c) param == X + new firmware sent ? we have been updated, proceed with update

Strange, the file is from there update tool.. it's 100% fine.

Comment

welp, some progress.

i was unable to make the hex file posted above work.

i took a different approach, quick overview of my setup... its not homeseer, but related:

asus tinkerboard running a razberry v2, controlling my z-wave network. the tinkeros is a ubuntu offshoot, linux of course.

obviously the razberry v2 is not a usb device, so i was out of luck getting the firmware updated via the aeotec tool since everything is running via linux.

i ended up making this work via the following method:

--- on the linux device running z-wave controller ---
            1) shut down everything that 'talks' to the z-wave controller
            2) use ser2net, map the serial port exposed by the z-wave controller to an iport

--- on the windows workstation ---
            1) install com0com, create a virtual port (the default populated ones worked for me, did not have to do anything but install com0com)
            2) install com2tcp, and run it via com2tcp --ignore-dsr \\.\COM12 IP PORT
            3) fire up the aeotec update tool, and update as you normally would
            4) i changed the timeout between commands to 500ms, not sure if this is needed but it seamed to help.

--- final note ---
            i have yet to check if it worked, work came up and i stopped. but the update process in the aeotec tool reported 'received successfully'. will post in an hour or so with my ser2net config as well reporting if it actually took the update.

also, aeotecs statement about not sharing a hex file due to them being worried about people copying their code is total bs. they dump each and every packet sent to the controller in the log. would not take too much to get the firmware out of there... just my 2c.

enjoy!

Comment

it worked

screenshot attached.

here is my ser2net.conf line:

2000:raw:600:/dev/ttyAMA0:115200
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached is the HEX file again, rename the TXT file to HEX and your done.
                Paul,
                Where did you find this "hex" file. I understood Aeon does not publish?
                Will it work as update through HomeSeer?
                US versions?

Thanks for the help,
                BobSpen

Comment

Bump,,,,,,
                  Paul?

Comment

I've about had it with Aeon Multisensors. Really the only thing i can reliably use them for is temperature readings. Now i cannot upgrade firmware without jumping through hoops? Thanks, but i have a full time job!!!

I'm about 99% ready to buy a 5 pack of homeseer motion detectors while they are on sale and never buy another aeon product again. Ridiculous.

Comment

I did the firmware update today to V 1.10 and the firmware.hec file is readily available to download and they even provide the Homeseer upgrade instructions. I was surprised to see this to say the least.

https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support...wave-firmware-

Comment

Originally posted by brientim View Post
                        I did the firmware update today to V 1.10 and the firmware.hec file is readily available to download and they even provide the Homeseer upgrade instructions. I was surprised to see this to say the least.

https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support...wave-firmware-
                        Thanks! I have written a couple of nasty emails to them telling them I was done with their products because of their former upgrade process. Glad to see they have changed their ways!

Comment

FWIW - They are also supplying firmware files for our Z-Flash library... so those will be in a future update of Z-Flash.
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Homeseer does not provide, as far as I know, HEX files; getting upset with Aeotec for doing what Homeseer is doing seems a little off.
                            ( FWIW I own a copy of the Z-Flash tool and find it to be extremely helpful. )

Comment

Aeon Labs provided us with firmware files for Z-Flash. If you have a license, update it to the latest version and you'll be able to update your stuff. More info here:
                              https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ubino-firmware
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                              X