Can I trigger events via IR ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I trigger events via IR ?

I am trying to find a way to trigger events on HS3 via IR commands. I am trying to find a way to use iRule to trigger events and control devices. So far nobody could help me getting that to work, so I thought a way round could be to send IR commands from a fictitious device to my GC iTach, and use that to trigger events.

This has never worked consistently. What exactly are you attempting to accomplish?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

either trigger a event, or switch a device on or off from iRule.
      I have been searching the forum and found a few more posts regarding iRule triggering HS3 events or controlling devices, which has given me a few more ways to try so will try that as that would be the 'cleanest' solution. So far I have been unsuccessful with iRule, so IR was another idea I had if I cannot use iRule direct.

Comment

After reading up on iRule, I have some thoughts on this.

It looks like it will send commands via Wi-Fi to an IP. (eg. Global Cache)

If thats the case, then you should be able to set up your HS3 as a device in iRule, and send commands to it via JSON. (the IR command, which is text, would be JSON instead)

HS3 has a list of JSON commands you can use to control devices and events as well as get statuses of devices (as long as iRule can receive data as well as send it)
        Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Yes iRule should be able to send and receive json commands. I have just not been able to get it to work, but I found a few threads today which might change that.
          Where would I find a json command list ?

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
            Yes iRule should be able to send and receive json commands. I have just not been able to get it to work, but I found a few threads today which might change that.
            Where would I find a json command list ?
            Click on the blue Support link above an select the HS3 developer Kit link.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi,

I've been researching the WF2IR. Apparently any of the 3 outputs can be configured to be a sensor input.

http://www.globalcache.com/products/itach/wf2irspecs/

If that is the case, will this plugin, along with the WF2IR, allow me to both send IR and trigger events via received IR?

I'm currently using the USB-UIRT for send/receive capability, and am looking to place the WF2IR in another location to do the same.

Thanks!
              HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
              Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                I am trying to find a way to trigger events on HS3 via IR commands. I am trying to find a way to use iRule to trigger events and control devices. So far nobody could help me getting that to work, so I thought a way round could be to send IR commands from a fictitious device to my GC iTach, and use that to trigger events.
                I use the USBUIRT receiver with the BLUSBUIRT plugin. You can use any IR signal to trigger any HS3 event. I have used this for about 10 years. Very easy, and very reliable.

Steve Q
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Hi Steve Q,

Yes, I have been doing the same with a UIRT for about as many years as well. I'm interested in adding a UIRT-like device for send/receive (WF2IR?) in another location.

I'm using X-10 Powermid IR extenders for 1-way IR communication between these two locations right now, but the Powermids' communication is not 100% and I'd like to add the ability to receive IR (trigger events on matched IR signal). Wondering if WF2IR or any other device can help me achieve this wirelessly.
                  HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                  Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Thank you again for the reply. After looking at additional documentation it appears the WF2IR's sensor feature only sends a simple on/off value and wouldn't be able to receive and send the IR code itself. Darn!

Comment

Working...
                      X