Problem with Thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Thermostat

I am not able to get my thermostat to initialize with Homeseer 2. I am getting the following in the log:

8/6/2005 7:26:50 PM RCS X10 Thermostat Warning J Making another attempt to initialize Thermostat Living Room
    8/6/2005 7:26:50 PM RCS X10 Thermostat Info J Setting Echo Command Mode for Thermostat Living Room to On
    8/6/2005 7:27:15 PM RCS X10 Thermostat Warning J Unable to confirm that Echo Command Mode for Thermostat Living Room was set to On
    8/6/2005 7:27:15 PM RCS X10 Thermostat Info J Setting Safe Command Mode for Thermostat Living Room to On
    8/6/2005 7:27:41 PM RCS X10 Thermostat Warning J Unable to confirm that Safe Command Mode for Thermostat Living Room was set to On

It appears that I am not getting anything back from the thermostat. But when the thermostat sends out a temp change then Homeseer is receiving that.

Thanks for any help with this.

sonypoolplr, which X10 interface device are you using to connect your HS machine to the powerline?
    Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Mark,
      I am using the cm11a. I have been trying all weekend but the thermostat still doesn't initialize. It is reading temperature changes, but I can't send any commands to it.

Thanks

Comment

Thermostat initialization

I had problems with getting the thermostat to initialize, and found that I had to:

1) Disable any old thermostat scripts
        2) Delete any old thermostat devices (possibly not necessary, but it can't hurt)
        3) Download the new plugin from Jim (version 2.0.12). He may have that in the updater now, but if not, it's available at doosoft.com for free.
        4) Restart homeseer after doing all this.
        5) Configure the thermostat, then restart homesee again.

There's an active thread about this in the x10 thermostat section of the board that may be helpful.
        Madcodger

This would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing...

Comment

Working...
        X