This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Error

I got this error first time since I have upgraded to HSPro. The HS sentry did not seem to notice any problems, but the sequence of errors below was repeated 100 times until I shut HS down manually. Is this a doomotion problem or a HS problem? And what could have caused it? Thanks

2/15/2010 4:32:23 PM ~!~DooMotion Error~!~Unable to perform database update. Try using the Compact Database function available via Sensors Activity dialog or web page.
    2/15/2010 4:33:40 PM ~!~OCCUPANCY~!~ / / / / / / / / / / Powder Occupancy set to "Vacant" - Occupied (00:06)
    2/15/2010 4:33:58 PM ~!~System~!~Registering C:\WINDOWS\system32\msscript.ocx with Windows
    2/15/2010 4:35:39 PM ~!~System~!~Registering C:\WINDOWS\system32\msscript.ocx with Windows
    2/15/2010 4:35:39 PM ~!~DooMotion Error~!~Unable to perform database update. Try using the Compact Database function available via Sensors Activity dialog or web page.
    2/15/2010 4:35:40 PM ~!~Error~!~Launching application: regsvr32.exe->Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
    2/15/2010 4:35:42 PM ~!~DooMotion Error~!~Unable to perform database update. Try using the Compact Database function available via Sensors Activity dialog or web page.
    2/15/2010 4:35:42 PM ~!~System~!~Registering C:\WINDOWS\system32\msscript.ocx with Windows
    2/15/2010 4:35:50 PM ~!~DooMotion Error~!~Unable to perform database update. Try using the Compact Database function available via Sensors Activity dialog or web page.
    2/15/2010 4:35:50 PM ~!~System~!~Registering C:\WINDOWS\system32\msscript.ocx with Windows

Do you still have the problem? What version of HS and DM?
    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
    My Hardware & Software

Comment

I have seen this happening only once so far, but it would be great to understand the cause as this error does not seem to be handled by HSsentry and everything was hung until I manually killed HS.

HomeSeer Version: Professional Edition 2.4.0.3
      DooMotion Version 2.2

Comment

Originally posted by picta View Post
        DooMotion Version 2.2
        Correction: I have DooMotion version 2.3.5.0

Comment

I suspect that registering of C:\WINDOWS\system32\msscript.ocx or (and possible other Windows system file that aren't reported in the log) led to the DooMotion database error. Maybe HS Pro needed to perform system maintenance upon its first startup? If so, HS probably should not be loading any plug-ins until that is completed. I suppose that I could put in additional checks at startup to ensure that system is ready but I would not be able to do anything about the registering error.

If I am correct, should not see this error again and if you did it would only be at startup after some significant system change (like moving from HS to HS Pro).
          Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
          My Hardware & Software

Comment

Working...
          X