www.homeseer.com    
 

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion

Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion Lighting & Primary Technology General Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 9th, 2011, 05:54 PM
enigmatheatre's Avatar
enigmatheatre enigmatheatre is offline
Super Seer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Aberdeen Scotland UK
Posts: 1,815
Danfoss Living connect thermostat - No longer available in Z-Wave

Hi all.


I am trying to install a Danfoss Living connect thermostat in to homeseer but i cant get it to update homeseer.

info on the device can be found here: http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/6

i also get the following error in the log

09/05/2011 22:34:59 Z-Wave Warning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 09/05/2011 22:34:59 Z-Wave Warning The climate control schedule command class is not fully supported for the device at node 18. Please contact HomeSeer Technologies. 09/05/2011 22:34:59 Z-Wave Warning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then i get the following error

09/05/2011 22:44:23 Warning Aborting Z-Wave send, taking too long to send command to node 18 waited 2 seconds
09/05/2011 22:44:21 Warning Sensor woke up, but queued configuration command encountered an error when sent. Type=ASSOCIATION_SET_HOMESEER, Result=Association Failed - Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave Thermostat 18 does not support Associations.

can anyone help me with this one?


Greig.
  #2  
Old May 11th, 2011, 05:53 PM
TomKassel
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I want to use the danfoss thermostast too...

Any answer from the Homeseer-Team???
  #3  
Old May 12th, 2011, 05:26 AM
sebastienronsmans
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Have the same problems

Hi all,
Homeseer team, please give some help:
We all seems to have the sames problems with LIVING CONNECT THERMOSTAT from DANFOSS.
(I also still have problems with the HRT4-ZW & HRT4 ASR-ZW from HORSTMANN)

Thank you,
  #4  
Old May 12th, 2011, 06:15 AM
enigmatheatre's Avatar
enigmatheatre enigmatheatre is offline
Super Seer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Aberdeen Scotland UK
Posts: 1,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomKassel View Post
Any answer from the Homeseer-Team???
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastienronsmans View Post
Hi all,
Homeseer team, please give some help:
We all seems to have the sames problems with LIVING CONNECT THERMOSTAT from DANFOSS.
(I also still have problems with the HRT4-ZW & HRT4 ASR-ZW from HORSTMANN)

Thank you,

I just want to say thankyou both for your support and I hope we may get an answer from homeseer soon.


Greig.
  #5  
Old May 12th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Chak's Avatar
Chak Chak is offline
Seer Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Utrecht, Holland
Posts: 532
I'm also having same probleem with the Danfoss living Connect

Found out that the in the device setting you can set the number of degrees when setting off.

Also installed the zwave thermostaat in Homeser this will detect the device but will show a error
Attached Images
  
  #6  
Old May 17th, 2011, 08:13 AM
erwindr erwindr is offline
Seer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: NL
Posts: 10
@Chak:
You are probably referring to the new Danfoss Living Connect radiator valve. I was hoping it would respond to the generic Zwave thermostat plugin, but reportedly it doesn't.

I sure hope this can be solved. Homeseer people? Please?

Regards!
Erwin
  #7  
Old May 17th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Rupp's Avatar
Rupp Rupp is offline
OverSeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Huntsville, Al. USA
Posts: 37,021
You guys need to contact the manufacture of this hardware and have them contact HomeSeer.
__________________
-Rupp
  #8  
Old May 18th, 2011, 03:56 AM
hkmod25 hkmod25 is offline
Seer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp View Post
You guys need to contact the manufacture of this hardware and have them contact HomeSeer.
With all my respect to HST, Rupp.
Are you serios about it? Maybe in the USA it is ordinary case when "End Users" starting negotiation process between Ford and Magna companys. But here in Europe "End User" awaiting qualified support. Something like this: "Sorry sir, of course we will fix the compatibility problem (to the Z-Wave CERTIFIED product) in short time". Or I am wrong?
  #9  
Old May 18th, 2011, 04:40 AM
erwindr erwindr is offline
Seer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: NL
Posts: 10
I agree.
But nevertheless I've sent an e-mail to Danfoss, but very much doubt that this would make any difference. Manufacturers should be in contact to resolve this.

Also, wasn't it the same case with the previous Danfoss valve? (setback mechanism) A Homeseer update made it work. So, HS people, you probably have your contacts at Danfoss. Please?

Regards!
Erwin
  #10  
Old May 18th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Rupp's Avatar
Rupp Rupp is offline
OverSeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Huntsville, Al. USA
Posts: 37,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkmod25 View Post
With all my respect to HST, Rupp.
Are you serios about it? Maybe in the USA it is ordinary case when "End Users" starting negotiation process between Ford and Magna companys. But here in Europe "End User" awaiting qualified support. Something like this: "Sorry sir, of course we will fix the compatibility problem (to the Z-Wave CERTIFIED product) in short time". Or I am wrong?
Just let the manufacture know you need their hardware to work with HomeSeer.
  #11  
Old May 18th, 2011, 07:56 AM
nightwalker nightwalker is offline
OverSeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Thorndale, PA.
Posts: 3,873
While I no longer use any Zwave I have a question. After seeing how HomeSeer has to jump through hoops to make things work for one device and then another as well as for each manufacturer it makes me wonder. Is there no set standard that Zwave manufactures must adhere to? That seems to be the case and I wonder if that does not hurt the protocol overall and limit it over the long haul?
__________________
Marty
------
XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.
  #12  
Old May 18th, 2011, 10:39 AM
hkmod25 hkmod25 is offline
Seer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp View Post
Just let the manufacture know you need their hardware to work with HomeSeer.
Rupp, we both knows that Z-Wave dev. team from Danfoss Randall (http://danfoss-randall.co.uk/default.html) will not talk with HST anymore. So your advice are helpless.
Maybe you just asking about help from guys who have knowlege about Danfoss and Horstmann products: http://en.z-wave.me/content/consultancy
It is not so difficult to ask about help.....
  #13  
Old May 20th, 2011, 02:39 AM
erwindr erwindr is offline
Seer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: NL
Posts: 10
Post on the z-wave.me site:

Quote:
We are working on it right now!
Current version of Z-Cloud does not support Danfoss Living Connect Thermostats in a user friendly way. You can use them in expert mode only and that's not what you want.

But we are working on this and we hope to be able to update Z-Cloud with thermostat support about 31 May. We will make an announcement in the official forum topic to let you know about this important update.
Any news from Homeseer? ;-)
  #14  
Old May 27th, 2011, 04:13 AM
enigmatheatre's Avatar
enigmatheatre enigmatheatre is offline
Super Seer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Aberdeen Scotland UK
Posts: 1,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by erwindr View Post
Post on the z-wave.me site:



Any news from Homeseer? ;-)

any news on whats going on with this???


Greig
  #15  
Old May 30th, 2011, 09:08 AM
erwindr erwindr is offline
Seer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: NL
Posts: 10
Just came off the phone with a Z-wave expert from Danfoss in NL.

He told me this: The Living Connect lineup uses a proprietary language within the Z-wave protocol that allows the various components to communicate, EXCEPT for the Living Connect radiator valve. The radiator valve uses BOTH the proprietary Living Connect language AND generic Z-wave.

According to him, pairing the radiator valve with non-Danfoss controllers should work. There's no hope for the rest of the components though. Pity, they have a very nice room temperature sensor and floor heating components. :-(

Wouldn't it be great when HST could look into this. Maybe they could get Danfoss to send them a sample? ;-)

Erwin
  #16  
Old May 30th, 2011, 01:35 PM
hkmod25 hkmod25 is offline
Seer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by erwindr View Post
Just came off the phone with a Z-wave expert from Danfoss in NL.

He told me this: The Living Connect lineup uses a proprietary language within the Z-wave protocol that allows the various components to communicate, EXCEPT for the Living Connect radiator valve. The radiator valve uses BOTH the proprietary Living Connect language AND generic Z-wave.

According to him, pairing the radiator valve with non-Danfoss controllers should work. There's no hope for the rest of the components though. Pity, they have a very nice room temperature sensor and floor heating components. :-(

Wouldn't it be great when HST could look into this. Maybe they could get Danfoss to send them a sample? ;-)

Erwin
Actually this heating system from Danfoss have name: "living by Danfoss" and consist of the different components as: "Danfoss Link CC (central controller), "living connect" (radiator thermostat), room temp. sensor, floor temp. sensor.
Only "living connect" (radiator thermostat) device can be used as part of "open" Z-Wave network...
  #17  
Old May 30th, 2011, 05:50 PM
erwindr erwindr is offline
Seer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: NL
Posts: 10
@hkmod25:
I stand corrected! :-)

Erwin
  #18  
Old May 30th, 2011, 05:56 PM
enigmatheatre's Avatar
enigmatheatre enigmatheatre is offline
Super Seer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Aberdeen Scotland UK
Posts: 1,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkmod25 View Post
Actually this heating system from Danfoss have name: "living by Danfoss" and consist of the different components as: "Danfoss Link CC (central controller), "living connect" (radiator thermostat), room temp. sensor, floor temp. sensor.
Only "living connect" (radiator thermostat) device can be used as part of "open" Z-Wave network...
Ok Ok Im lost now......


Dose this mean that the device i have ( http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/6) should or should not work?

Greig.
  #19  
Old May 30th, 2011, 05:59 PM
erwindr erwindr is offline
Seer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: NL
Posts: 10
Well,
It should, since it speaks generic Z-wave, according to Danfoss.
But it probably needs some tweaking within Homeseer...
  #20  
Old May 31st, 2011, 06:25 AM
sebastienronsmans
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thank you all guys for your searchs.
Is Homeseer can also help us about this known problem regarding those updates?
It should be so great to see something like "dear homeseer customers, we solved the problem: an update is ready!"
...
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:00 PM.


Copyright HomeSeer Technologies, LLC