Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best LED ceiling can bulbs for HSM 100+ dimmer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best LED ceiling can bulbs for HSM 100+ dimmer?

I replaced a few GE dimmers over the holiday, and the are working fine with the bulbs I had in there already from Costco, but they only dim down to about 30% at best.

Doesn't seem to be any recent threads on this.... What bulbs are folks seeing in the U.S. That work best? Philips warm glow still?

Or maybe I missed something?

I had Linear z-wave dimmers and switched to HS dimmers. I could no longer dim the bulb below 30%.

For me the solution was to go back to firmware 5.14 as recommended in a bugzilla discussion with support. I can upload it if you want since I don't think it's available for download from HS.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
      I had Linear z-wave dimmers and switched to HS dimmers. I could no longer dim the bulb below 30%.

For me the solution was to go back to firmware 5.14 as recommended in a bugzilla discussion with support. I can upload it if you want since I don't think it's available for download from HS.
      OH YES PLEASE

Comment

I found this but it says it is for HS-WD100+ dimmer:

https://homeseer.com/compare-led-bulbs/

Comment

This is the link that support gave me. That way you have it right from the source.

http://homeseer.com/updates3/HSWD100_5_14.hec

Note that you might have to use the replace node feature as it doesn't like going backwards in FW. You may also have to reset the unit as per the instructions after the FW downgrade.

It's worth jumping through hoops since now I have full 1% to 98% control.

Comment

This is the link that support gave me. That way you have it right from the source.

https://homeseer.com/updates3/HSWD100_5_14.hec

Note that you might have to use the replace node feature as it doesn't like going backwards in FW. You may also have to reset the unit as per the instructions after the FW downgrade.

It's worth jumping through hoops since now I have full 1% to 98% control.
            this is just hex... do i save this and use as the firmware file?

Also, in reading the firmware thread.... it looks like i might also have to go back to an older version of the zwave plugin... ? I'm om the beta and would hate to backtrack there a well...

If they are up to 5.19, why can't this be fixed in newest firmware version (i wonder)? you would think this would be a big customer issue.
            Last edited by Tomgru; December 28, 2017, 03:50 PM.

Comment

this is just hex... do i save this and use as the firmware file?
              Save it exactly as it is where you can easily access it on your PC. Then click the Select file radio box and click on the .hec file.

Also, in reading the firmware thread.... it looks like i might also have to go back to an older version of the zwave plugin... ? I'm om the beta and would hate to backtrack there a well...
              I did have to go back to .130, however it's easy enough to figure out. Simply click on the Firmware Update area of the zwave root device. If it reads the current FW then you're good. I remember updating to the latest z-wave plug-in and it was already fixed. .173 I believe.

If they are up to 5.19, why can't this be fixed in newest firmware version (i wonder)? you would think this would be a big customer issue.
              The quote I got from support was that this was a moving target. Some people complained that it wasn't compatible enough with some bulbs, so they made changes. In the process they fixed one thing and changed another. All I know is the moment I installed 5.14 and re-included all was well.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by racerfern; December 28, 2017, 04:25 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Save it exactly as it is where you can easily access it on your PC. Then click the Select file radio box and click on the .hec file.
                Sorry... just cut/paste into notepad and save as hec file? No option to save in Edge or IE.

Comment

Edge (didn't know anybody used that for real stuff you click on the link and a popup should say "Save As" or "Save to location"

notepad would probably not be good right about now.
                  Last edited by racerfern; December 28, 2017, 05:22 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

Edge (didn't know anybody used that for real stuff you click on the link and a popup should say "Save As" or "Save to location"

notepad would probably not be good right about now.
                    I work at Microsoft... comes with the territory :-)

Popup never comes up... why I was confused. just actually takes me to a new web page with all the gibberish on it

Comment

We like Philips warm glow. With HS dimmers, they dim to 1%.
                      Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
                        We like Philips warm glow. With HS dimmers, they dim to 1%.
                        can you see if you are on firmware 5.14?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                          can you see if you are on firmware 5.14?
                          Michael

Comment

Comment

Popup never comes up
                              Does holding down CTRL while clicking make a difference?

Or better yet, right clicking on the link.
                              Last edited by racerfern; December 28, 2017, 08:17 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

Working...
                              X