X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hozer View Post
    Hi,

Excuse my ignorance here, but I bought your wonderful plugin at version .23 but I'd like to continue to try the features of the various beta versions. Are the beta versions available to paid users and/or will installing a beta version endanger/corrupt my paid license? If a beta causes problems, can I revert to a previous version without any issues? If so, how?

Any information/insight would be appreciated...thanks and keep up the great work...I really love this plugin!

Hozer
    Of course, the Beta versions are available to all users. Download the Beta version from first post of this thread and follow instructions in this same post to install.
    This will not endanger/corrupt your license. You can revert anytime you want to the version in the updater (currently 3.0.0.23), by reinstalling from the updater.

If you are updating a remote instance (instance of the plugin not running on your HS machine) you have to manually install as explained at the end of the user guide

Comment

Remote usage of Kinect via USB server

I was wondering if anyone has attempted to use a USB server (over Cat-5e) to run a Kinect. I would like to try this out. Even if I don't use the Kinect's 3D features, I would like to use it to provide voice recognition through out the house. It could also serve as a simple security cam. The better USB servers support full USB 2.0 speeds. So, I hope this can work.

Thank you,
      Raymond

Comment

Kinect Plug-in

Spud,

DO I need a Kinect Device to use the Kinect Plug-in? Sorry for my ignorance!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by klbetts View Post
          Spud,

DO I need a Kinect Device to use the Kinect Plug-in? Sorry for my ignorance!

Thanks
          sorry for the delay, I missed this post.

yes you need a kinect for XBox 360 (you can find some used one for about $30)

Comment

Error on upgrade to 3.0.0.43

Hi Spud,

I just tried upgrading from 3.0.0.41 to 3.0.0.43 via the updater and I receive this error message:

Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_KINECT.exe: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_KINECT.exe: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Kinect, Version=1.7.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

The plugin no longer shows as an installed plugin on the plugin manager. I can still attempt to update it by expanding the Additional Interfaces option on the Plugin Manager screen but get the same error each time.

Thanks,
            John

Comment

Originally posted by JimBob View Post
              Hi Spud,

I just tried upgrading from 3.0.0.41 to 3.0.0.43 via the updater and I receive this error message:

Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_KINECT.exe: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_KINECT.exe: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Kinect, Version=1.7.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

The plugin no longer shows as an installed plugin on the plugin manager. I can still attempt to update it by expanding the Additional Interfaces option on the Plugin Manager screen but get the same error each time.

Thanks,
              John
              you need to install the Kinect for Xbox 360 drivers, that you can find in the User Guide thread, on your HS3 machine even if there isn't any Kinect sensor connected there.

Comment

That's weird. I have been running the kinect plugin with no problems for a year on this machine but only got this error when I upgraded from 41 to 43.

Looking at the installed drivers and I could not see that the SDK was installed (sure I did it when I transferred to this machine)

Anyway, I ran the SDK installer and it now shows up in the Installed Programs list and the plugin starts up ok.

Sorry to trouble you. I was convinced all the drivers were ok as I was already running the plugin. In fact, I have updated it several times this past year without issue. Very strange.

All good now.

Cheers,
                John

Comment

Originally posted by JimBob View Post
                  That's weird. I have been running the kinect plugin with no problems for a year on this machine but only got this error when I upgraded from 41 to 43.

Looking at the installed drivers and I could not see that the SDK was installed (sure I did it when I transferred to this machine)

Anyway, I ran the SDK installer and it now shows up in the Installed Programs list and the plugin starts up ok.

Sorry to trouble you. I was convinced all the drivers were ok as I was already running the plugin. In fact, I have updated it several times this past year without issue. Very strange.

All good now.

Cheers,
                  John

It's not just you. I have been running the Kinect plugin for maybe two years and never had to install it on my HS3 machine until now. I was seeing the same errors as you. I read this and installed the software on my HS3 machine and now all is normal again.

@ Spud,

Maybe an announcement should be made that this update will require installing the driver on the machine that is host to HS3?
                  Originally posted by rprade
                  There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                    It's not just you. I have been running the Kinect plugin for maybe two years and never had to install it on my HS3 machine until now. I was seeing the same errors as you. I read this and installed the software on my HS3 machine and now all is normal again.

@ Spud,

Maybe an announcement should be made that this update will require installing the driver on the machine that is host to HS3?
                    I fixed this problem in version 3.0.0.44, this version can be loaded on a machine where the kinect drivers are not installed, like version 3.0.0.41 could.

it should be in the updater soon

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                      I fixed this problem in version 3.0.0.44, this version can be loaded on a machine where the kinect drivers are not installed, like version 3.0.0.41 could.

it should be in the updater soon
                      Spud, is this a mandatory update? If so where do I get it?
                      Last edited by Rotech; May 9, 2016, 07:54 PM.
                      Hector
                      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                        no it's not mandatory
                        it is attached to the first post of this thread, and will be in the updater soon

Comment

I'am sorry spud, l meant if we needed to update drivers? For existing installs.
                          Hector
                          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I'am sorry spud, l meant if we needed to update drivers? For existing installs.
                            no you don't need to update drivers.

Comment

is this plugin still available? I wanted to test it, but do not find it in the updater.

I tried a ctrl+f ...but no luck

edit: is the .45 of this thread the last version?
                              Last edited by ; March 4, 2018, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
                                is this plugin still available? I wanted to test it, but do not find it in the updater.

I tried a ctrl+f ...but no luck

edit: is the .45 of this thread the last version?
                                yes .45 is the latest version,

you're right it is no longer in the updater, but I don't know why, I will contact HST to fix the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X