This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post
    The HS-WD100+ units I have been buying have all been showing up with 5.16 loaded on them, but the download page only offers 5.14 for the WDs.

I see 5.19 for the dimmers, 5.14 for the switches on that link. I have updated all mine to 5.19
    cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
      I see 5.19 for the dimmers, 5.14 for the switches on that link. I have updated all mine to 5.19
      Typo on my part. I'll fix it. The WS have been showing up with 5.16 even though 5.14 is the latest download listed.

Comment

Just installed 3 of these.

firmware updated fine on the first one.

on the other two... when i click the firmware option on the zwave tab, it just spins there forever. these are about 10 feet from my znet.

any ideas?

Comment

Did you just purchase these? The latest is 5.17. 5.19 is only for updating pre-5.17 devices. So if you have 5.17 don't bother updating, there are no new features.

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
          Just installed 3 of these.

firmware updated fine on the first one.

on the other two... when i click the firmware option on the zwave tab, it just spins there forever. these are about 10 feet from my znet.

any ideas?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
            Did you just purchase these? The latest is 5.17. 5.19 is only for updating pre-5.17 devices. So if you have 5.17 don't bother updating, there are no new features.
            Too late.

2 down... 1 hanging my entire system. see other post.

Comment

Try restarting the plugin and the switch.

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
              Too late.

2 down... 1 hanging my entire system. see other post.

Comment

Rich, did u guys add the feature to leave the bottom LED on when the dimmer is off?

Comment

We did not.

Originally posted by jumper4000 View Post
                  Rich, did u guys add the feature to leave the bottom LED on when the dimmer is off?

Comment

We did not.
                    Are you still planning to?

Comment

I am unable to update the firmware on my switches. I keep getting errors. What am I doing wrong?
                      Attached Files

Comment

What version Z-Wave plugin are you on? If you are not on the latest beta, try that one as there has been some changes to the firmware update.

Normally, this error indicates that it did not get a response from the switch. Is the switch far from the Z-Wave interface? Can you access one that is close to the interface?

Originally posted by MPodlin View Post
                        I am unable to update the firmware on my switches. I keep getting errors. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

What version Z-Wave plugin are you on? If you are not on the latest beta, try that one as there has been some changes to the firmware update.

Normally, this error indicates that it did not get a response from the switch. Is the switch far from the Z-Wave interface? Can you access one that is close to the interface?
                          Updated to 3.0.1.165 and still the same result. I tried a switch that is 5 feet from the ZNet interface and still the same result. Doesn't matter which switch I try, I get the same result. The switches work fine and I can control them with HS without any issues. Just trying to update them since I've switched most of my bulbs to LED and want to take advantage of the improved dimming. Any other suggestions?

Comment

@MPodlin
                            I just bought some of these dimmers and had trouble with the firmware updates. I went back to z-wave plugin 3.0.1.130 and that allowed me to change the firmware. I went to 5.19 but didn't like the function with LED bulbs so I went back to 5.14.

It's not fun trying to go backwards with firmware so think about what it is you don't like about the FW you have and we can compare what I noticed with older vs newer.

Comment

Its not actually getting the firmware version when you open that slider, its using the version it already has. Maybe your system never got the firmware version. Try a re-scan on the switch. If that does not work, try removing and then adding one of the switches. If that works, then the issue is that it does not have the version. I will check to see if that will confuse the code.

Updated to 3.0.1.165 and still the same result. I tried a switch that is 5 feet from the ZNet interface and still the same result. Doesn't matter which switch I try, I get the same result. The switches work fine and I can control them with HS without any issues. Just trying to update them since I've switched most of my bulbs to LED and want to take advantage of the improved dimming. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Scratch what I said, it is contacting the switch when you open the slider and if it does not get a response it displays that error. Will try a 5.14 switch.

Comment

Working...
                                X