This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timlacey View Post
    Spoke too soon. Upon restarting homeseer, a duplicate device emerged.
    The plug-in was then not responding, and I had to stop/restart it.
    Then it updated the second Main DB device below, so I deleted the first one.
    I'll have to look at this again. It takes some time to set up a test for replacing devices. I believe it was working fine (at least in my limited testing) at one point, but the ISY doesn't send change notifications for this operation and just an informational message that the plug-in attempts to parse.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

One more thing. When my PC restarts, Homeseer runs automatically after a 2 minute delay. This used to be very helpful for remote restarts or for running windows update and then restarting.

The plug-in always fails to start up the first time after Windows PC boot. I always get an error in the start up log and the plug-in is not listed at all in the web interface. I then have to restart Homeseer, after which I have to manually enable the plug-in, which then initializes and works properly.

Tim

Comment

@bpwwer
        Is the plugin supposed to report Status from manually switched devices?

I'm not seeing any status being reported when I turn on/off/dim at the device manually.

thx

Comment

Hi Ltek,

Yes, you should see both status and control from manually activated devices. If the load status changes, that should be reported by the ISY to the plug-in and the plug-in's device updated. When the manually activated device sends out a control (I.E. switched on) that also should get reported and is available in the plug-in as a trigger event (when device sends an on command, do something).

For something like a dimmer switch, there should be a two way chain of communication happening:

switch -> ISY -> HS plugin
          HS plugin -> ISY -> switch

Knowing what happens at each point when you change the device state at the switch and at the plug-in can help pinpoint where the problem is.

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
          @bpwwer
          Is the plugin supposed to report Status from manually switched devices?

I'm not seeing any status being reported when I turn on/off/dim at the device manually.

thx
          --
          Bob Paauwe
          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Bob
            Control works but status does not and has not for a while, if ever. I put on debug and don't see any. Anything in the ISY that might be set wrong?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Is status correctly changing on the ISY admin console?

The plug-in subscribes to messages from the ISY. There isn't really any control over what it gets from the ISY, it's either all or nothing. With the log level at notices, you should see most of the messages that the ISY sends showing up in the log, if nothing is showing up, it probably means the ISY isn't sending anything.

If the status is changing on the ISY, then it should be sending messages.

If the status isn't changing on the ISY, then it's probably the Insteon links between the ISY/PLM and the device that are wrong.

If the ISY is sending the messages but the HS device isn't responding, then it's probably the link between the HS record and the ISY that's wrong. in this case, deleting the HS record and restarting the plug-in should re-create the HS record with the proper link.
              --
              Bob Paauwe
              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

The issue is with the ISY... I don't know what but the ISY is not seeing status updates.

Any way to have the ISY re-do all the device links (hoping that helps)?

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
                Is status correctly changing on the ISY admin console?

The plug-in subscribes to messages from the ISY. There isn't really any control over what it gets from the ISY, it's either all or nothing. With the log level at notices, you should see most of the messages that the ISY sends showing up in the log, if nothing is showing up, it probably means the ISY isn't sending anything.

If the status is changing on the ISY, then it should be sending messages.

If the status isn't changing on the ISY, then it's probably the Insteon links between the ISY/PLM and the device that are wrong.

If the ISY is sending the messages but the HS device isn't responding, then it's probably the link between the HS record and the ISY that's wrong. in this case, deleting the HS record and restarting the plug-in should re-create the HS record with the proper link.

Comment

See http://wiki.universal-devices.com/in...itle=Main_Page

There is a section on INSTEON no status feedback from devices in the wiki.
                  --
                  Bob Paauwe
                  ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
                    See http://wiki.universal-devices.com/in...itle=Main_Page

There is a section on INSTEON no status feedback from devices in the wiki.
                    Thx Bob - got it working.
                    I had to call tech support but we figured it out. When I replaced the PLM a few months ago something happened and the links didnt get into the PLM. I had to restore an old config backup and then do "Restore Devices"

Comment

Hey Bob. I just tried the update to .50 as it appeared available but have seen some issues, so I've got back to .49.

Event log showed the following - let me know what debug to enable if you want me to try and catch where it's failing.

Dec-09 8:19:08 AM Warning I/O interface ISYInsteon is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
                      Dec-09 8:19:03 AM Error Calling HSEvent in plugin ISYInsteon, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      Dec-09 8:19:03 AM Info Plugin ISYInsteon with instance: has disconnected
                      Dec-09 8:18:59 AM ISYInsteon Verifying HomeSeer device records, this may take a while.
                      Dec-09 8:18:45 AM ISYInsteon + 21100 Z-Wave
                      Dec-09 8:18:45 AM ISYInsteon GetModulesConfig : ISY module configuration Portal Integration - MobiLinc ( 21073) is not currently supported.
                      Dec-09 8:18:45 AM ISYInsteon + 21073 Portal Integration - MobiLinc
                      Dec-09 8:18:45 AM ISYInsteon + 21090 Elk Security System
                      Dec-09 8:18:45 AM ISYInsteon GetModulesConfig : ISY module configuration RCS Zigbee Device Support ( 22000) is not currently supported.
                      Dec-09 8:18:45 AM ISYInsteon + 22000 RCS Zigbee Device Support
                      Dec-09 8:18:45 AM ISYInsteon + 21040 Networking Module
                      Dec-09 8:18:45 AM ISYInsteon + 21011 Electricity Monitor
                      Dec-09 8:18:45 AM ISYInsteon + 21010 OpenADR
                      Dec-09 8:18:45 AM ISYInsteon Modules installed on ISY:
                      Dec-09 8:18:09 AM ISYInsteon ISY Firmware version: 4.6.2
                      Dec-09 8:18:08 AM Info Plugin ISYInsteon has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:57080
                      Dec-09 8:18:08 AM ISYInsteon I have connected to HS

Comment

Originally posted by grtaylor View Post
                        Hey Bob. I just tried the update to .50 as it appeared available but have seen some issues, so I've got back to .49.

Event log showed the following - let me know what debug to enable if you want me to try and catch where it's failing.
                        Looks like the plug-in failed during the device verification stage. That is where I made changes for .50 so I'll take a look. It would be helpful to know what specifically caused the failure as it may be trying to check a device type that I don't have.
                        --
                        Bob Paauwe
                        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

ISY Firmware now has Letter in it and crashing the plugin

Bob:

Your plugin has been a life saver and has been great.

I just upgraded my ISY to 5.0.10E to resolve issues with the Weather module not working. However, this seems to crash your plugin, as it's expecting a numeric firmware version number.

Output from crash:
                          Code:
                          Plugin: ISYInsteon Instance:  3.0.0.50 starting...
                          ISYInsteon Connecting to server at 127.0.0.1...
                          Creating isy class instance: [192.168.1.4]
                          Connected to HomeSeer at ip address 127.0.0.1
                               Host API version = 3
                               Callback API version = 3
                          ISYInsteon 3.0.0.50 will expire on 5/20/2018 8:00:00 AM
                          ISYInsteon Unregistered.
                          ISYInsteon Connected, waiting to be initialized...

Unhandled Exception: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct f
                          ormat.
                             at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffe
                          r& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
                             at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo in
                          fo)
                             at ISYCommon.isy.FirmwareVersion(String ver_str)
                             at ISYCommon.isy.Initialize(String username, String password)
                             at HSPI_ISYInsteon.ISYInsteon.StartISY(String uname, String pword, String ip,
                           Boolean restart)
                             at HSPI_ISYInsteon.ISYInsteon.StartISYThread()
                             at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
                             at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionCo
                          ntext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
                             at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, C
                          ontextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
                             at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, C
                          ontextCallback callback, Object state)
                             at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
                          My wife was like "why are the lights not turning on" (since my motion sensors can't fire their ISY scenes via your plugin). I've spoiled her in that I don't think she's ever used a light switch in our hallways or stairway.

I look forward to being able to buy the plugin to support your time and effort!

Thanks,
                          James

Comment

Originally posted by tenroc2o0o View Post
                            Bob:
                            I just upgraded my ISY to 5.0.10E to resolve issues with the Weather module not working. However, this seems to crash your plugin, as it's expecting a numeric firmware version number.
                            Thanks for the detailed report!

I just uploaded 3.0.0.51 that should fix this so give it a try and verify for me.

grtaylor,
                            See if .51 helps with your issue too. I tried to replicate your problem but wasn't able to. I did make a small change to ignore creating scene associations between scene controller and members if there are no members because that seemed like it could be a problem.
                            --
                            Bob Paauwe
                            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Hey Bob,

On the .50 update, curious as to what "- Create device associations between scene devices and the scene members" does for us?

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by chrkov View Post
                                Hey Bob,

On the .50 update, curious as to what "- Create device associations between scene devices and the scene members" does for us?

Chris
                                Good question. It provides a way for other plug-ins or scripts to determine what devices are members of a scene. I don't have any examples of how this may be used, but it was a feature request and it didn't seem like it would have any negative impacts.
                                --
                                Bob Paauwe
                                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Working...
                                X