GD00Z - Barrier Operation Denied UL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GD00Z - Barrier Operation Denied UL

I'm new to this forum but after reading many posts I know there are people with more experience and smarter than me so here goes:

I am running into a problem using a GoControl GD00Z-4 Z-Wave Garage Door Opener Remote Controller with my Homeseerer HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.357.

It has run fine for the last 18 months, i.e. interfaced to the Z-Wave Controller and provided full functionality.

Now the unit only provides status information back to the Z-Wave Controller. When the garage door is manually operated via the wall switch, i.e. door open/closed.
    This would indicate to me that the Tilt Sensor is working properly and that the unit Is talking to my Z-Wave Controller.

I should not I just replaced the battery in the Tilt Sensor as a first step in troubleshooting.

Here is the problem:

What do you think is happening? Anu suggestions on how get it all working again?

Thanks in advance for your help!

From my own experience and posts on this forum, there is nothing you can do but try to get an exchange.
    Michael

Comment

Comment

Believe it or not I have the IRIS version of this garage door opener that I purchased at Lowes. I have had them (2) for a year and they are running great. They work just fine with HS3.
        Last edited by cowinger; December 23, 2017, 02:03 PM.

Comment

I just got this warning for the first time when I started playing with HS Touch Designer. There is nothing wrong with the device itself ( at least my unit). It functions from device management and from a couple of different events I implemented including events triggered by a button press on my ZRC-90s both opening and closing perfectly with the same one button press. It also functions fine from the original HSTouch for Android.

I wrote a new event to work with the HS Touch and that's when the trouble started. I have a feeling the problem is implementation somewhere in either HSTouch or HS3. If I don't access garage door control from my HSTouch attempt everything is fine. I haven't sent this to my Android phone yet, because I still don't know how to, I've simply deployed to my PC.

Separately, HSTouch Designer keeps crashing but that's for another area of this forum.

Comment

Last edited by tome10; December 23, 2017, 07:06 PM.

Comment

That's awesome, but I'm not understanding what's broken since it works perfectly in every situation except a custom HSTouch screen. To me, that's not the device.

Comment

No, he's getting that error from the controller itself not HSTouch. I don't know what that error means, but I know there was at least one other post about that error and the outcome was Linear sending that guy a replacement. I'm not sure I even posted about it when I had mine fail, I just contacted the company. When the battery is dying in the Tilt Sensors, you'll have intermittent failure progress into chronic failure of the closed status.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                  That's awesome, but I'm not understanding what's broken since it works perfectly in every situation except a custom HSTouch screen. To me, that's not the device.
                  I daresay your issue is different than what most of us have experienced. With both failures I described, the device fails to open by zwave no matter how the signal is sent. When attempting to open by zwave, the alarm sounds but the door does not budge. From all the posts I've read on the subject, this is an unrecoverable defect and the unit has to be replaced.

Comment

Tome10,

Did you purchase/replace the unit through HomeSeer? I have had great experiences anytime something has needed resolving. Hence my recurring business. Just assumed I was SOL on this one as it's beyond 1 year.

Comment

I purchased mine through Amazon. It didn't occur to me to even look in HS Store for some reason. I told the guy I bought it from amazon, and that it's having this error, and that I wanted somewhere to send it to be refurbished. Apparently they don't refurbish, and instead sent me a replacement. I still have the bad one, and thinking about tearing it down and see if I can figure out what's wrong with it. It would have to be obvious for me to figure it out. To be clear, I emailed Linear/Gocontrol's support people. Told them I had had it a couple of years, and that I wished to send it in for refurbish. They sent me a new one.

Comment

When the battery is dying in the Tilt Sensors, you'll have intermittent failure progress into chronic failure of the closed status.
                        Aha! I just replaced my tilt sensor battery. And I had one of the child devices that wouldn't clear. So I deleted the device and did a re-scan.

Told them I had had it a couple of years, and that I wished to send it in for refurbish. They sent me a new one.
                        Did they send the latest GD00Z-4 or the original GD00Z-1?

I am having a similar discussion in another thread http://="https://forums.homeseer.com...3#post1340603" but I'm waiting to hear if that person found a work-around.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X