This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maser
    I dont really want to run a beta version in my live system but if that is the only way then i would however i can't see how to get the beta versions from the web site.
    Hi Nick,

Well, it's kind of a long story, but the IR support in 2.0 wasn't really finished until release candidate 2066. Unfortunately, the 2066 release was never made publically available. And, enough things changed in 2.1 that I cannot use the same code base for both. So.... unless you've got 2.0.2066 or later, it wouldn't be an option anyways.

Depending on what plug-ins you have I suppose, I'd suggest moving onto 2.1. I've been using it for quite sometime without issues.

I think you can get the beta here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=113106

Comment

Originally posted by YoYo
      Hi Nick,

Well, it's kind of a long story, but the IR support in 2.0 wasn't really finished until release candidate 2066. Unfortunately, the 2066 release was never made publically available. And, enough things changed in 2.1 that I cannot use the same code base for both. So.... unless you've got 2.0.2066 or later, it wouldn't be an option anyways.

Depending on what plug-ins you have I suppose, I'd suggest moving onto 2.1. I've been using it for quite sometime without issues.

I think you can get the beta here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=113106
      Hi YoYo,

Thanks for the reply, i have now upgraded to V2.1 and installed the 2.1 Irtrans plugin. i am now getting an error on trying to open the ir signal page and the irtrans config on the interfaces page. neither will open and on the config i get the error:

"25/06/2006 21:46:07 - IRTrans Error - GetHtml: The web page could not be built: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I have reverted to the original irtrans plugin as this still works for the learnt codes that i managed to get in before . But i cant add or alter any codes now.

Do you have any ideas why the page cant be built ?
      I am running windows 2003 Server Sp1 fully updated with .NET Framework V2.0 installed. I do not have any errors in either System or Application log files.

I have checked The irtrans unit stand alone and it learns and sends fine.
      Many Thanks
      Nick.

Comment

Originally posted by Maser
        i am now getting an error on trying to open the ir signal page and the irtrans config on the interfaces page. neither will open and on the config i get the error:

"25/06/2006 21:46:07 - IRTrans Error - GetHtml: The web page could not be built: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
        Hi Nick,

I've had one other user report this as well, except it only affected the config page in that case. I've had the plug-in running on 3 different HS installations in-house here for several months without issue, so this is a bit surprising. If you'll give me a week or two, I'll dedicate some time to try to duplicate the problem on this end. Once I can duplicate it, I should be able to figure out what the problem is.

Comment

Hi YoYo,

Thats really good of you.
          Thanks very much, i look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Nick.

Comment

I've got the same problem when trying to get to the config page. HS 2.1 and a fresh install.

The big thing that I want to do but can't seem to be able to do with the IRTrans programming interface is to simulate an IR receive at the server. I want HomeSeer to be able to "transmit" a command since I have another app that connects to the IRTrans server that I would like to control from HS.

Jon

Hi Nick,

I've had one other user report this as well, except it only affected the config page in that case. I've had the plug-in running on 3 different HS installations in-house here for several months without issue, so this is a bit surprising. If you'll give me a week or two, I'll dedicate some time to try to duplicate the problem on this end. Once I can duplicate it, I should be able to figure out what the problem is.
            Jon Ort
            JonOrt@The--Orts.com
            (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Originally posted by Oman
              The big thing that I want to do but can't seem to be able to do with the IRTrans programming interface is to simulate an IR receive at the server. I want HomeSeer to be able to "transmit" a command since I have another app that connects to the IRTrans server that I would like to control from HS.
              Hi Jon,

Could you detail this a bit further? Is it that you want the other application connected to the IRTrans Server to be able to "see" any IR commands sent via HomeSeer? I'm not exactly sure what you're after...

Thanks,

Comment

New Build Fixes Config Page Error

For those of you who were experiencing an error when loading the configuration page or other pages, I'm attaching an update that should address the problem.

The problem addressed is summarized in the quote below:

I am getting an error on trying to open the IR signal page and the IRTrans config on the interfaces page. Neither will open and on the config I get the error:

Please note: This attachment contains just version 1.0.107 of the plugin file. No other files are attached. New users should use the HomeSeer Updater to install the plugin. I've submitted a new release to the Updater which should become available shortly...

Please let me know if you continue to have any problems whatsoever with the plugin.

Thanks,
                YoYo.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi YoYo,

Just a note that new version 107 works great and the config page error is now gone. 100% functional now ! Thanks for great plugin to work with great IRtrans gear.

Evja

Comment

Sorry, I missed your reply to my query. I still very much need the functionality as some of my software still does not talk to HomeSeer...

A way to have the IRTrans server *think* that a particular command came in over the IR receiver. Essentially to simulate a command. I need this to have HomeSeer control a piece of software that is connecting to the same IRTrans server as HomeSeer. I can't transmit the command via IR back to the same IRTrans module for obvious reasons.

Thanks
                    Jon

Hi Jon,

Could you detail this a bit further? Is it that you want the other application connected to the IRTrans Server to be able to "see" any IR commands sent via HomeSeer? I'm not exactly sure what you're after...

Thanks,
                    Jon Ort
                    JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Oman
                      Sorry, I missed your reply to my query. I still very much need the functionality as some of my software still does not talk to HomeSeer...

A way to have the IRTrans server *think* that a particular command came in over the IR receiver. Essentially to simulate a command. I need this to have HomeSeer control a piece of software that is connecting to the same IRTrans server as HomeSeer. I can't transmit the command via IR back to the same IRTrans module for obvious reasons.

Thanks
                      Jon
                      OK, I think I understand.... a way to have HS send a command via the IRTrans plugin to the IRTrans Server that would in turn, be sent out the IRTrans device as usual, and be sent back to any other connected clients as a IR received command as well.

In this case, I guess it would require changes to the IRTrans Server software which is out of my direct control. I could however, possibly "influence" a change there however ...

Confirm I'm understanding the problem correctly, and I'll go to work with Marcus and see if we can come up with something...

Comment

Yes, I think you have it right. I need to be able to have client A on the IRTrans server "send" an IR command so that it looks like the IRTrans hardware device had received it via IR. Thus client A, B, and C connected to the IRTrans server would see it as a new received command.

I thought when I looked through the IRTans API a while back that there was a way to do this, but now I can't find anything about it.

Jon

OK, I think I understand.... a way to have HS send a command via the IRTrans plugin to the IRTrans Server that would in turn, be sent out the IRTrans device as usual, and be sent back to any other connected clients as a IR received command as well.

In this case, I guess it would require changes to the IRTrans Server software which is out of my direct control. I could however, possibly "influence" a change there however ...

Confirm I'm understanding the problem correctly, and I'll go to work with Marcus and see if we can come up with something...
                        Jon Ort
                        JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Special IRTrans Server Available

Hi Jon,
                          I've got a special version of the IRServer.exe for you to try. It has a couple of additional command line options that should make it do what you want:

-send_forward (will send all commands you send using an IRTrans client to all other clients as a received command.)

-send_forwardall (will do the same, however it will also forward commands that are not found in the servers IR database.)

With the -send_forwardall option you can also send telegrams to the other clients using commands that are not in the DB (and that will therefore not be sent).

You'll probably need the latest IRTrans software first to get a current IRTrans client.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X