Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with ET using CSV from Davis Vantage Pro

Michael,

I have Sprinklers set up to get the ET from the CSV file created by VWS from my Davis Vantage Pro. On the "other Setup" page I have the the input selected as "CSV File" , the column entered as 26 and source reporting selected as "Daily Total".

When I look at the "General Status" page, the Daily ET always shows zero with the csv source in parens. The last update time always shows shortly after midnight on the current day. The hourly ET does update regularly, but I can't match that value to anything from VWS. (As I recall, at one time you were doing a calculation based of the daily ET for hourly ET HS sourced ET. Is that still correct?)

The CSV file location is correctly identified as all of the other values from the CSV file are updating correctly (e,g temp, wind, rain, etc.). And I have verified that the correct ET value is in column 26 of the CSV file.

I'm currently using MCSprinkers 2.7.204 and HS 2.1.0.11. However, this problem predated the update do hs .11 or MCSprinklers .204.

Thanks for your assistance (and for MCSprinkerls in general).

Cecil

I believe the Davis delivers Hourly values and mcsSprinklers stores Daily ones so it needs to integrate the values. Your ET setting on the Other Page should be CSV File and Hourly Total. Last month ka7gzr worked with me to get the Vantage Pro csv working, but there has not been much for ET in this part of the country this early in the year. I have some test csv files from ka7gzr, but could you post one so I can trace through with it?

Comment

According to their documentation, the Davis puts daily values into the csv file. I've also verified that by comparing the value in the csv file to the value reported by vws. It is clearly the daily value in the csv file (unless ka7gzr knows of some setting in VWS of which I'm unaware).

I'll be happy to post some files, I'm just not sure which ones you want. The data.csv file is overwritten each time it is updated. (I have mine updated every 10 minutes.) There are historical daily csv files that contain all of the recorded daily readings, but the are not in the same format as the data.csv file.

Cecil

Comment

The one that is overwritten every 10 minutes is the one of interest. I could be wrong on the Davis being hourly rather than daily. It just means to change the mcsSprinlkers settting to tell it to expect daily. mcsSprinklers may be the one storing hourly values.

Comment

Here's a zip file with four copies of data.csv. The first three were made about 10 minutes apart and don't show any change in ET. The fourth one was made about an hour later and does have a different ET value.

Let me know if you need something else.

Cecil
          Attached Files

Comment

Michael,
            I believe that Cecil is correct. The VWS is storing a running total for the day from the Vantage Pro 2.
            I went back and looked at a previous post:

Pete, that is how V2.6.156 was implemented. It will look each minute for a change in the reported ET. The first minute of the hour it will change the hourly ET to zero and remember what the daily ET from the Vantage Pro is. Any change during the next hour from the Vantage Pro will show up in the hourly ET. Once an hour mcsSprinlers will sum the hourly ETs that it has computed and stroed in the database to geneate a daily ET which is then reflected in the daily ET status device. This means that the mcsSpinklers daily value is lag the Vantage Pro daily value by up to 60 minutes.

This entire thread is here:
            http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...t=davis+hourly

Jim

Comment

Working...
            X