This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

event not working right

i've got an event setup for when i push A7 on my palm remote for HS to do the follow

Turn on Bedroom lamp(a3)
    wait 45 seconds
    Turn off Media Room Lights(a1 & a2)
    wait 1:25
    turn off bedroom lamp(a3)

well, its not working.

instead of turning on the bedroom lamp, it turns on a lamp in my daughters room(a9)

i've deleted the event, and the devices, put them back in.

still does it

any ideas?

It's been awhile since I used X10 but as you've lay-ed it out it should work, however I always tried to stay away from using the A and the P house-codes. A because it's the default and all kinds of things revert to it when batteries get low, P because so many X10 testers use that house-code as their workspace.

Are you using those house codes for anything else, a keypads, palm-pads, in-wall controllers, etc. I can't explain why but HS never liked using a house-code to trigger on that was used somewhere else too.

For example in our powder room I had 3 devices, d1 d2 d3 and an in-wall controller. Before using HS i had the controller set to the same address as the devices, worked well for years. When I started using HS it gave me all kinds of grief doing that, sometimes it worked, other times not so good. I changed the controller to use different address' d6 d7 d8 and had HS trigger the device on seeing the on or off from the controller address, From then on it worked pretty well.

It may or may not be your problem but it's worth a look.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

None of my codes are used anywhere else, on any device/sensor. nor is any code repeated anywhere. they are unique.

Comment

Looking at the event I find it curious that the unit numbers add up to 9, the same unit number that's getting turned on instead of what you wanted. It's probably nothing at all I just found it odd.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

I think I'd double check the address on the devices themselves. 1 and 9 are opposite (clock face) on the dials. It's possible they've been mis-read. It's easy to do.
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Working...
          X