Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One button to show a status and flip a switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One button to show a status and flip a switch?

Hiya-

I *think* Imperihome can do this but I can't figure it out.

For my garage door I would like to have one icon that shows an 'Open door' icon if the garage is open and a 'close door' icon when the garage is (you guessed it..) closed. Then..when I tap that same icon I would like it to toggle the garage door switch.

Do I do this by making a virtual switch? Could someone point me in the right direction?

For this to work you need the HS device representing your garage door to appear as a On/Off device in IH. You need to have at least 2 controls for this device with one set as ControlUse = On, and one set as ControlUse = Off.

Then in IH you can select different icon for on and off states.

Comment

Hmm..I'm still only about a couple of weeks into learning HS3 so I don't quite understand how to set it up based on what you said.

Could you (or anyone) give me a pointer to an example?

Comment

Originally posted by spifl View Post
        Hmm..I'm still only about a couple of weeks into learning HS3 so I don't quite understand how to set it up based on what you said.

Could you (or anyone) give me a pointer to an example?
        what does the HS device representing the garage door switch look like?

if it has some open/close controls you need to click the device name to edit it then change the "Control Use" fields to On/Off (or to Door Lock/Unlock) like in the last screenshot of this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...29&postcount=2

Comment

Okay I've attached screenshots of both devices. The simple On/Off switch in the Garage Door relay. As well as the completely separate tilt sensor.
          Attached Files

Comment

Is there any way to do what I'm trying to do?

Comment

bump?

Still wondering about this.

Can I have one button in IH that will show a status from a sensor that says if the door is open or closed as well as allow me to push the button and activate the grace door switch?

Comment

It's currently not possible, you need to have both the status and the controls for this door attached to the same device.

Comment

Working...
                X