This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New W2C Pro Problems

I purchased a Used W2C Pro unit to replace the unit that I have been having problems with clicking. When I go to call from a phone that is not in the database, the W2C box will disconnect from HS3. The unit did not come with a transformer but I had one I could use. The voltage is 7.5v but I can't find what the current requirements is for the unit. I have a 7.5v 700ma transformer. I am thinking this might be the problem. Does anyone know what the current requirements are for this unit. I checked on the W2C website but it does not give the specifications.

Thanks,

Ronnie

The one that came with my W2C is 12 volt, .85 amp.
    Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Well I really messed up my HSPhone. I tried the new W2C box and it would disconnect from the USB when the phone rang. I verified the Voltage with the company and it is 7.5v 800ma min. I reinstalled the drivers and now neither W2C box will work. The robocall script will start but the W2C box never picks up the phone line. I am running Win10. Everything was running ok until I reinstalled the drivers (my stupid mistake). The W2C box shows up as an audio device if I change that in Device manager it switches to communication device.

Any ideas,

Thanks in advance,

Ronnie

Comment

Are you getting any error messages re: the W2C during HS startup?
        Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Do you have the W2C diagnostic utilities? You can run this application with HS in off mode. It will show its functions and firmware and test test the lines.

Thinking my two W2C boxes are 12VDC.

I have attached the diagnostic and setup program.
          Attached Files
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

When HS3 starts, it shows in the log connecting to W2C and I can hear the relay click when HS3 starts up. The only thing I see is a note in HS3 Log stating "On Windows 7, use the Speech control panel, advanced view, to set the audio input to the Hi-Phone USB for Phone Voice Recognition." Which I checked in Windows and looks ok. When the telephone rings from someone not in the address book, the W2C will click and the Power, Ring and handset LEDs will light then the Hook LED will go off showing that the W2C is off hook but the W2C never answers the call (I am testing from my cell phone). Thanks ITGuyHS. And Pete I downloaded the program and setup but I am still getting the same results, W2C never actually picks up the phone.

Thanks,

Ronnie

Comment

Recalling a problem testing in W7 32 bit / 64 bit with W2Call Homeseer 2 way back.

It had to do with Homeseer using 32 bit drivers versus the W2Call 64 bit drivers.

Think that you have to install SAPI 32 bit and older SAPI on yor computer.

Don't remember the specifics but recall posting pictures here during a HS2 64 bit build of W7 of the willy nilly SAPI configuration for W2C.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I found the problem!!! Windows 10 did not set the microphone up on the W2C box as the USB default so every time a call came in the box did not answer. This problem drove me nuts. Thank you for all of your support.

Ronnie

Comment

Working...
                X