No announcement yet.

"X10 Received" trigger HS2 vs HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah I have no problem turning on/off lights. Mind you, they don't send status. This is the only device which sends X-10 on the powerline. Wireless X-10 works well too that to the RFXCOM PI.

I was under the impression that HS3 could receive X-10 but just that the polling interval was the issue....

So this is where x-10 in HS3 breaks

Rob
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
      Oh yeah I have no problem turning on/off lights. Mind you, they don't send status. This is the only device which sends X-10 on the powerline. Wireless X-10 works well too that to the RFXCOM PI.

I was under the impression that HS3 could receive X-10 but just that the polling interval was the issue....So this is where x-10 in HS3 breaks
      One man's bug is another's 'undocumented feature'.

You can receive the X10 signal from P1, but you need to have an X10 device in HS3 with the P1 device code. It should turn on and off to match the physical X10 device.

This is one I use to monitor both X10 and my Stargate. The SG alternately sends a C7 On and C7 Off. This device mirrors that.
      Attached Files
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks Mike... I read that somewhere. Do you also have the X-10 tab setup for C7? If so, what was the type you selected? Appliance, Standard, PreSet, Extended???

Correction regarding the sending device, it's a powerflash module and not a universal module.
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Fyi the correct way to setup an x10 device is to only setup the code on the x10 tab. It will populate the main. Also the virtual button... DO NOT CHECK IT or your device is toast. Known bug. I tested this as i did not want my motions to have an on/off button....

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
          HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
            Do you also have the X-10 tab setup for C7? If so, what was the type you selected? Appliance, Standard, PreSet, Extended???
            It is essential to have the X10 tab set up correctly. Do not enter the X10 code on the Configuration tab! (You have to delete the device and start over otherwise.) Mine is set up as an appliance module.

With regard to creating an X10 device in HS3, as Jeff notes, it's not altogether obvious. Mark has a post that explains it pretty well in case you haven't seen it.
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I Know this is old But.

I just converted over to HS3 and had the problem with the x10 not controlling events By the X10 received trigger. i did the work around with virtual devices but what seem really odd was if i had a transceiver or a mini transceiver set to the house code it would work just fine without having to use the virtual devices. Have no idea what made the difference but hey i can make it work either way now. i have lots of transceivers but going forward i will use the virtual device way. I have way to many x10 devices to just abandoned and they work spot on so why spend the money for stuff i can already do.

Tim Fraley

Comment

Looked in my old X10 parts box and found a TM751 Wireless Transceiver Module and tested it to work fine.

[ATTACH]64397[/ATTACH]

Configured an X10 - A8 device.

Event and what I see in the HS3 log when I press 8 on via a Palm Pad. (HR12A PalmPad Remote Control)

No virtual device needed. Pictured is configured event and logging of said event.

[ATTACH]64396[/ATTACH]
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Yes, this is key. The X10 device in Homeseer needs to be a "real" X10 device established by the X10 plugin even if that device does not physically exist in your house. The House/Unit codes need to be set in the X10 plugin on the X10 tab in the Deviceutility screen. If the X10 tab is not there the device is not set up as a real X10 device through the X10 plugin. I think if you copy a real X10 device the copy does not preserve the X10 "realness" so a copy might not respond like a newly established X10 device.

Comment

Originally posted by Archcantor View Post
                    I think if you copy a real X10 device the copy does not preserve the X10 "realness" so a copy might not respond like a newly established X10 device.
                    In my experience, copying a successfully entered X10 device does result in a new X10 device that is recognized by the plug-in. All that is necessary is to change the name and the X10 address. I have not used this approach recently, but it was my routine method for adding new X10 devices when I was migrating from HS2.

Comment

Noticed here that the TM751 Wireless Transceiver and HR12A PalmPad Remote Control was a bit slower than using the HR12A PalmPad Remote Control with the WGL W800 serial device.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hmmm, I thought the "trigger on received X10 for a non HS3 device" issue was addressed a while ago in one of the beta builds (can't recall which one). Looking a the (Windows CM11a/Ti103) code, when any valid X10 traffic is rec'd the plugin updates the HS3 device(s) and then checks to see if the rec'd traffic matches any HS3 event triggers. I am on travel and do not have my X10 test gear with me so I can't properly test this. Is anyone willing to do a quick test using a current build of the plugin (current version is 3.0.0.45) to see if the plugin properly triggers on a received X10 command for a device that is NOT setup in HS3?

Also, I'd like to have this thread moved to the HomeSeer X10 Plug-in forum so it's easier to keep track of, and in a place where other X10 users can easily find it. Anyone have any objections?
                        Best regards,
                        -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
                        Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Working...
                        X