Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flood Lights

Hey All,
    anyone know of any z-wave or wifi flood light bulbs that can work directly with HS?
    thanks.

Here went with newer LED flood lamps wired to an automated switch and controlled via outdoor Optex sensors (combo Optex devices).

You could maybe fit a flood light with one of those mini Z-Wave controllers.
    Last edited by Pete; November 26, 2017, 02:26 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I looked at these, https://www.007systems.com/blog--how...on-flood-light but figured they were just taking a motion floodlight assembly and adding a z-wave device.

So I added http://qubino.com/products/flush-1-relay/ to a regular floodlight assy with motion sensor. Power from the motion sensor goes to switch one on the qubino. The qubino is small enough to easily fit in the box

I'm using LED floods. Lights come on via an event or automatically via motion. Time on depends on the motion switch setting or if controlled by HS3, they stay on as long as you want.

Comment

Very nice Fernando!!!

Yeah here used text to speech after midnight on the outdoor motion stuff. Did not last long due to the WAF and then went to chimes.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
          I looked at these, https://www.007systems.com/blog--how...on-flood-light but figured they were just taking a motion floodlight assembly and adding a z-wave device.

So I added http://qubino.com/products/flush-1-relay/ to a regular floodlight assy with motion sensor. Power from the motion sensor goes to switch one on the qubino. The qubino is small enough to easily fit in the box

I'm using LED floods. Lights come on via an event or automatically via motion. Time on depends on the motion switch setting or if controlled by HS3, they stay on as long as you want.
          Very interested in these units.... especially the dual relay units.... are the fuses replaceable, without digging into the case?
          HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
          Home Assistant 2024.3
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
          Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
          Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
          WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
          AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

especially the dual relay units.... are the fuses replaceable, without digging into the case?
            There's nothing on the outside and I'm not sure you could open it without cracking the case. I did accidentally short one which popped the main breaker and when I put the main breaker back on the unit still worked perfectly. I "assume" it shut off and reset itself but not sure.

I expected to have a burnt unit but the only difference was the black of the arcing where I touched a wire to the wrong screw. Email qubino, they're very responsive.

Comment

Thanks! I'll drop them a note....
              HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
              Home Assistant 2024.3
              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
              Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
              Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
              WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
              AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post

Most of these units I've seen the 120v goes into the motion sensor and it switches the lights on/off (sending 120v out). Are you saying that you're putting the 120v into the qubino relay?

Also, are you able to distinguish when the motion goes off vs turning on at homeseer?

With the included digital temp sensor option this seems like a good idea if I can determine the motion separately from the light being turned on in other methods.

Comment

Most of these units I've seen the 120v goes into the motion sensor and it switches the lights on/off (sending 120v out). Are you saying that you're putting the 120v into the qubino relay?

Also, are you able to distinguish when the motion goes off vs turning on at homeseer?
                  1. The output voltage from the motion sensor goes to switch 1 on the qubino. It is a line voltage relay.

2. If the motion sensor triggered the light, then the motion sensor will shut off the light by cutting power. The qubino senses and obeys this. So time on is set by the sensor, 1m, 5m, etc.

3. You can still turn on and off the lights via the qubino separately from the sensor. In fact if the sensor turned the lights on, you can over ride and shut them off before the allotted time.

4. The only issue I have is with Dualbrite sensors that make the lights come on dim at sunset and only go full bright with motion. The relay doesn't like that. For that matter, those sensors don't work well with the LED bulbs I've tried since the LED bulbs are too bright at the lower voltage. So I don't use dualbrite sensors.

Comment

Did not last long due to the WAF and then went to chimes.
                    We live at the head of a canal and the raccoons use the lower deck as a highway from one street to the next, so our rear lights go on regularly. The Aeon doorbell would be playing chimes all night long especially during mating season.

Comment

Working...
                    X