Fire Tablets $29.99 - Next Three Hours Only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How I Mounted Fire Tablet on Wall

After trying several methods for mounting Fire Tablet to wall I decided the best one was to use this NuPro case from Amazon (will attach photo with edit after posting). It is solid, does not rock on wall, buttons can be accessed and it can be removed easier than some other methods. Keep mounting screws away from corners a bit so it can flex away from wall a little.

I also picked up a set of Raysun angle charge connectors from Amazon.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Planetview; November 27, 2017, 03:35 PM. Reason: Attach photos

Comment

I should also mention that there is a FANTASTIC plugin by Spud for ImperiHome. I play audio announcements from HS3 on the wall mounted tablet and it helps get some of the devices into ImperiHome that otherwise would not show up. Check out the plugin documentation at the link above!

Comment

Originally posted by Planetview View Post
        The free version of ImperiHome in Play store allows only limited device connections (I can't remember how many). Upgrading to pro allows unlimited.

I have found ImperiHome to be very good at support so give them a shout if you get stuck but I put a couple things to check below.

I used standard ImperiHome system for setup but you also need to set wifi info on tablet in the ImperiHome connection setup, having it in tablet is not enough (your phone can fall back to cell connection if you fail to do this where tablet cannot).
        Yeah I have the Pro version and the plugin from Spud.

I'll give it another shot as I don't think it's anything wrong with the app . . .

Comment

I remember my challenge with this tablet. I have an app i use in my android tables called "target home launcher" .... It allows you to map the home button to any app. Works great to see it to IH....

For example, I have links out of IH to apps like Sonos. It's great to just hit the home button and it goes back to IH. Also works great from a reboot.

A beer to anyone that can get it working on a Fire tablet [emoji3]

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NickTheGreat View Post
            Yeah I have the Pro version and the plugin from Spud.

I'll give it another shot as I don't think it's anything wrong with the app . . .
            I was able to get it to work. Something to do with the username/password.

But in the meantime, all the links on my phone broke.

I suppose it's as good a time as any to redo it all, it was a little messy in places

Comment

Originally posted by NickTheGreat View Post
              I was able to get it to work. Something to do with the username/password.

But in the meantime, all the links on my phone broke.

I suppose it's as good a time as any to redo it all, it was a little messy in places
              Glad you figured it out. Seems odd that all links broke on phone after setting up a tablet. I have set up many of them and a phone but that has not happened to me.

Make sure to create a backup through IH settings and email it to yourself so it is easy to restore if something happens.

Comment

Glad you figured it out. Seems odd that all links broke on phone after setting up a tablet. I have set up many of them and a phone but that has not happened to me.

Make sure to create a backup through IH settings and email it to yourself so it is easy to restore if something happens.
                Yeah who knows. I think what happened was that my Homeseer had gotten renamed sometime from when I first set up Imperihome, and the app just sorta realized it. Because when I went to change the username/password in IH it kept giving me an error about setting up a new system rather than editing an old one.

It didn't take as long as I thought it would to redo, and gave me a chance to eliminate some things I hadn't used.

Got Fire #2 yesterday, so hopefully once I get my IH setup it'll go easy over to it.

Comment

My main challenge is to bypass the lock screen, I would like to have Imperihome all the times on.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
                    My main challenge is to bypass the lock screen, I would like to have Imperihome all the times on.
                    See my earlier post about Target Home Launcher. Works great on an android tablet ...cant seem to make it work on a Fire.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
                      You can set screen to stay awake when plugged in and use the sleep function of ImperiHome if you want to dim and wake without the lock screen (by motion or touching screen). Then you only have to deal with lock screen if you press power button to shut off screen or the tablet is restarted.

Look for the keep screen awake option in the developer options of tablet OS. Tap 7 times on build number to activate developer menu if you are not already a developer.

Comment

You can set screen to stay awake when plugged in and use the sleep function of ImperiHome if you want to dim and wake without the lock screen (by motion or touching screen). Then you only have to deal with lock screen if you press power button to shut off screen or the tablet is restarted.

Look for the keep screen awake option in the developer options of tablet OS. Tap 7 times on build number to activate developer menu if you are not already a developer.
                        You can also disable sleep function for ImperiHome and have IH show all the time on screen. Also set Android sleep time to highest in case you have it unplugged.

Comment

Thank you all.

Aldo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X