Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question.

Hi all, I am wanting to create an event that will start playing a radio station and send it to some of my chrome cast devices. the problem is how do i get the URL that will start playing the station. most of the time the url needs the play button pushed to start playing.
    The station i am wanting to play is 98.1 the max (in memphis,TN). i know there must be some way or URL that will automatically start playing.
    any help would be great.

Tim

No one knows

Well I guess no one knows either. My current work around is I have Homeseer to speak to Google home to play 98 one the max. Really not what I wanted but it works till I find out how to do it otherwise

Comment

Yes, you can create an event to 'cast' the URL of a radio station - I am doing this with many from my HSTouch screens.

You have to find the correct, often hidden, URL stream. Use Chrome Browser in Windows to inspect (then copy/paste) the stream playing in some of the popular radio station apps - search for the station you want. There are some online guides to help. I can't say it works for every.

Regards,

Comment

Has anyone gotten a .m3u8 stream to work with this plugin? (it's what iheart radio uses)

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
          Has anyone gotten a .m3u8 stream to work with this plugin? (it's what iheart radio uses)
          Nevermind: did some searching and found that if you use iheartRadio, to just start the stream, view source and search for "icy" and use that URL directly. Works a treat. Now to see how long that URL is good for (hopefully it's static).

Comment

Working...
          X