Discussions related to HomeSeer Beta builds 3.0.0.369->3.0.0.423

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rprade View Post
    With 3.0.1.202 installed, I just included a single HS-WD100+ dimmer today. Here are two graphs showing the rise in CPU. My CPU usage has been flat at around 20% for weeks. When I included the device at 12:20, CPU began to climb. When it exceeded 70% an Event restarted HomeSeer. When HS was restarted, the cpu settled back to under 20%. The device was included with Z-Tool. This is a consistent and repeatable occurrence.
    The same thing happened when I excluded the old devices yesterday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	1195766
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Schlage Z-Wave Door Lock

I have a Schlage Connect Touchscreen Deadbolt that has been working fine up until I installed beta 3.0.0.420 and Z-Wave 3.0.1.202. Now the lock is no longer communicating with HS, I can't Audit it or get any connectivity. Before I rip apart everything it seems others are also having issues with locks, is my lock one of the affected?

How do I revert back to an older Z-Wave plug-in, I was using .200 before, I'd like to try that again?

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.420
      Linux version: Linux Si-HomeSeer 4.9.0-6-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.82-1+deb9u3 (2018-03-02) x86_64 GNU/Linux
      System Uptime: 3 Days 8 Hours 40 Minutes 44 Seconds
      Number of Devices: 636
      Number of Events: 266
      Available Threads: 199
      HSTouch Enabled: True
      Event Threads: 1
      Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
      Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
      Device Exec Queue: 0
      HSTouch Event Queue: 0
      Email Send Queue: 0
      Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
      3.0.0.12: AirplaySpeak
      3.0.0.56: DSC Security
      3.0.0.43: EasyTrigger
      3.0.0.39: EnvisaLink
      3.0.1.202: Z-Wave

Comment

I have 3 Schlage Connect locks and am running 420. I'm still running Z-Wave 130...and a Z-Troller for the controller. No issues with locks.
        My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

I see there is a BETA 3.0.1.205 for Z-Wave Linux in the "test plug-ins" section, what changes does this have, the release notes are not up to date?

Comment

Originally posted by numgis View Post
            I have a Schlage Connect Touchscreen Deadbolt that has been working fine up until I installed beta 3.0.0.420 and Z-Wave 3.0.1.202. Now the lock is no longer communicating with HS, I can't Audit it or get any connectivity. Before I rip apart everything it seems others are also having issues with locks, is my lock one of the affected?
            OK so I hauled the Z-NET out into the garage and still it was not able to communicate with the Schlage lock. I was however able to exclude the lock and then successfully included it again, and now I can control it fine. However, if I open the properties of the root device and go to the Z-Wave tab, there are huge delays updating the page. If I try to audit the node I eventually get this message:

HomeSeer attempted two-way communication with the node to test routing and was NOT successful - method used: MFG Information

The Z-Wave tab is just behaving very odd, clicking on the buttons either does nothing or something after a long delay. Other devices I don't have any issue with, only this one...

If I remotely lock/unlock the door I get the following in the log:

Mar-07 10:59:25 PM Z-Wave Setting device Door Lock to value 0
            Mar-07 10:59:25 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level, Parent: Z-Wave Node 159 IR Security Safety Entry Control, Child:Z-Wave Node 159 Door Lock
            Mar-07 10:59:25 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real called for Z-Wave Node 159 Door Lock, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_DOOR_LOCK_V2, EndPoint=0
            Mar-07 10:59:25 PM Z-Wave Set_New_Level_Real: Initial device is Z-Wave Node 159 Door Lock

If I try to Audit the node I only get this in the log:

Mar-07 11:03:56 PM Z-Wave Main Z-NET: Sending to node 159 (UnSecured) CC=COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC
            Mar-07 11:03:54 PM Z-Wave Main Z-NET: Sending to node 159 (UnSecured) CC=COMMAND_CLASS_NO_OPERATION

Comment

Removed the old door lock node and got this in the log:

Mar-07 11:30:48 PM Error Calling PlugConfigDevicePost in plugin Z-Wave->Object reference not set to an instance of an object
              Mar-07 11:30:44 PM
              Z-Wave Main Z-NET: Controller firmware version: 4.32
              Mar-07 11:30:44 PM
              Z-Wave Main Z-NET: Controller Manufacturer: Express Controls, ID=0x2, Type=0x5
              Mar-07 11:30:42 PM
              Z-Wave Main Z-NET: Node 17 was removed from interface Main Z-NET.

I'm also seeing a lot of these errors:

Mar-07 11:38:15 PM Z-Wave Error Main Z-NET: Exception transmitting to IP 10.10.10.61: Unable to write data to the transport connection: The socket has been shut down.

Comment

I'm testing .423 on a Zee2 and it's running great! Faster and smoother than before.

But:
                I heard some rumors about a UseControl named "color" for integrating with Alexa and Google Home.

I can't seem to find it...?

HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                  There has not been any changes in the lock support so I don't believe this is related to the build. Locks require very good communications so it sounds like communications or routing has changed in regards to these locks.
                  Ok ALMOST back to normal other than the fact that the logging page does not load at all in my case.

I re-optimised 3 time my z-wave network on node-1, did a full optimize now all Z-wave command seems to go through. Lock, unlock, get latest command works without z-wake error messages... Have no idea what happen since no devices were added since last december, no route changes, no network mdification othern than wiring my Z-net instead of using wifi on it. the only change to the system was upgrading to 420 last week end, that is where problem started with lock.

Comment

There has not been any changes in the lock support so I don't believe this is related to the build. Locks require very good communications so it sounds like communications or routing has changed in regards to these locks.
                    Here is the results of my Lock's Audit. and the error that is produced any time I try and view the log device, which never opens.
                    Attached Files
                    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                      I'm testing .423 on a Zee2 and it's running great! Faster and smoother than before.

But:
                      I heard some rumors about a UseControl named "color" for integrating with Alexa and Google Home.

I can't seem to find it...?

If you search through some of my posts I talk about it (Rich has noted that it is missing from the drop list but is available in the Enum), I've integrated RGB colours from Alexa in a plugin by setting this device to colour control.

I don't know how you will get on doing it with the Tradfri plugin because the colours from Amazon are decided by them (so they decide what hex code is blue, red, green, yellow etc) and then this is passed to the colour control device so you might need some type of intermediary matching device that takes the amazon input and then translates it into the Tradfri fixed colours? Blue = Blue but there is no such thing with Alexa of Dark Peach which Tradfri supports so might need some translation? I'll leave that to yourself of course but I would be interested to know if you do decide on using this whether the colour picker appears in the events because on my install it doesn't whereas it certainly used to.

Comment

Noticing odd updating delays...updates fine but doesn't present updated plugins...just hangs...waiting....
                        if I leave the page and go back to it I think I see updater page but do not know if it is the current page.

[ATTACH]67331[/ATTACH]
                        Last edited by Pete; March 8, 2018, 06:29 PM.
                        - Pete

Auto mator
                        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

More odd Z-Wave errors never seen before updating to .420/.423 and .202. Is there something I can try, read something about backing up and then restoring my Z-NET interface to delete/recreate all routes? Will that retain all my devices or mess anything else up? If I want to roll back to an earlier Z-Wave Plug-in, how do I do that?

Mar-08 8:56:36 PM Z-Wave Error Device 678 is being set to an invalid value: 50
                          Mar-08 7:23:26 PM Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Garage Lightning Garage Pot Lights
                          Mar-08 9:44:07 AM
                          Z-Wave Error In Z-Wave application command handler: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                          Mar-08 6:12:09 AM
                          Z-Wave Error In Z-Wave application command handler: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                          Mar-08 6:12:09 AM
                          Mar-08 12:32:51 AM Z-Wave Error Device 76 is being set to an invalid value: 255
                          Mar-07 11:38:15 PM
                          Z-Wave Error Main Z-NET: Exception transmitting to IP 10.10.10.61: Unable to write data to the transport connection: The socket has been shut down.
                          Mar-07 11:36:32 PM Z-Wave Error Main Z-NET: Exception transmitting to IP 10.10.10.61: Unable to write data to the transport connection: The socket has been shut down.
                          Mar-07 11:18:53 PM
                          Z-Wave Error Device 622 is being set to an invalid value: 100
                          Mar-07 11:16:22 PM
                          Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Garage Door Lock Mudroom Door Lock
                          Mar-07 11:14:44 PM
                          Z-Wave Error Device 872 is being set to an invalid value: 255
                          Mar-07 11:14:01 PM
                          Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Garage Door Lock Mudroom Door Lock
                          Mar-07 11:13:38 PM Z-Wave Error Device 678 is being set to an invalid value: 0
                          Mar-07 11:12:47 PM
                          Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Garage Lightning Garage Pot Lights
                          Mar-07 11:12:47 PM
                          Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Z-Wave Node 159 Door Lock
                          Mar-07 11:12:42 PM
                          Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Z-Wave Node 159 Door Lock
                          Mar-07 11:11:48 PM
                          Z-Wave Error Device 76 is being set to an invalid value: 0
                          Mar-07 11:11:39 PM
                          Mar-07 10:50:31 PM Z-Wave Error Device Z-Wave Node 159 IR Security Safety Entry Control Optimization and Add Route result could not be determined.
                          Mar-07 10:35:30 PM
                          Z-Wave Error Main Z-NET: Exception transmitting to IP 10.10.10.61: Unable to write data to the transport connection: The socket has been shut down.
                          Mar-07 10:22:55 PM
                          Z-Wave Error Main Z-NET: Exception transmitting to IP 10.10.10.61: Unable to write data to the transport connection: Connection reset by peer.
                          Mar-07 10:07:02 PM
                          Mar-07 10:04:14 PM
                          Z-Wave Error Main Z-NET: Exception transmitting to IP 10.10.10.61: Unable to write data to the transport connection: Connection reset by peer.
                          Mar-07 10:03:54 PM
                          Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Mudroom Lightning Mudroom Pot Lights
                          Mar-07 10:03:41 PM Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Mudroom Lightning Basement Stair Lamp
                          Mar-07 10:03:28 PM
                          Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Basement Cold Room Exhaust Fan Cold Room Fan

Comment

This is also a new warning...

Mar-08 5:54:03 PM Z-Wave Warning Exception processing received application frame for encapsulation: Out of memory

Comment

I just posted build 422 which re-enables the log pruning and energy DB compaction. I don't believe those functions were causing any issues.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181241

Also, john did have a crash with the Z-Wave plugin, one I have never seen before but it pointed me to the function with the error and I have put in a fix, version 3.0.1.202.
                              Last edited by John245; March 9, 2018, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by numgis View Post
                                If I want to roll back to an earlier Z-Wave Plug-in, how do I do that?
                                You can roll back to the latest released version which is .190 using the updater. But this might not work if there were database changes in later releases (take a backup first). Otherwise the only way to roll back is to take a backup before each update, and then know which files to restore. Typically it is HSPI_ZWave.exe and whatever is in the bin/Z-Wave folder.

Bill

Comment

Working...
                                X