No announcement yet.

Yeelight Plugin (Beta) - Testers Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry I have been a bit busy and due to the few users using this plugin I've not put it top of the list (it is working for me and Langenet though)

Can you open your Yeelight3P.ini file in your config directory and paste everything that is inside it into a post for me?

It should say InterfaceNumber=11 under the [Settings] key and that is all. When it is loading appears to be not finding that key (reporting -1) and giving the error, Version .7 is the latest but this should not have changed between .6 and .7 - for the avoidance of any issue please can you install .7 from here
    (see first post)
    Last edited by mrhappy; April 21, 2018, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Just ordered a couple of yeelights off of ebay. Will check out the plugin myself once they arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by rmiles7721 View Post
        Just ordered a couple of yeelights off of ebay. Will check out the plugin myself once they arrive.
        That's great news, it would be great if you could post here regardless of whether they work or don't work OK just so I know.

Comment

Received my Yeelight LED strip and got it set up tonight. Once I read through the thread and created the ini it was immediately discovered. Also working with Alexa devices, although instead of one device on the Alexa smart home device management page it shows up as two devices. One for on/off and the other for rgb color. That's entirely acceptable. I named one for the sake of the test desk light and the other, desk color. Changing colors that way works well.

I also ordered a bulb off of ebay as well and it should get here in a week or two (coming from China)

Comment

Received my Yeelight LED strip and got it set up tonight. Once I read through the thread and created the ini it was immediately discovered. Also working with Alexa devices, although instead of one device on the Alexa smart home device management page it shows up as two devices. One for on/off and the other for rgb color. That's entirely acceptable. I named one for the sake of the test desk light and the other, desk color. Changing colors that way works well.

I also ordered a bulb off of ebay as well and it should get here in a week or two (coming from China)
            Thanks for letting me know that's great news because I have not tested it with the LED strips, I will add some option to set the settings inside the plugin at some point it is just at the minute I wanted to get something out for people to test.

The issue with Alexa I am not sure if it is by design or otherwise because I have no other device to compare it to whether or not the Hue or such bulbs have a single device with on/off/dim and colour in one.

Please let me know what you think as you use the plugin although there is not too much to worry about as it should just work.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
              The issue with Alexa I am not sure if it is by design or otherwise because I have no other device to compare it to whether or not the Hue or such bulbs have a single device with on/off/dim and colour in one.

Please let me know what you think as you use the plugin although there is not too much to worry about as it should just work.
              Hue bulbs (and led strips) just create one device.

So far it's just working. While I have a lot of devices and a lot more virtual devices, all of my events and stuff are pretty straightforward. I don't do very much scripting other than a few immediate commands so couldn't tell you with that.

I guess in the long run it would probably be nice to have a config page so we could manually add lights that aren't found but I haven't run across that yet with my one yeelight <G>

Comment

Hi, MrHappy

I'm sorry I have been a bit busy and due to the few users using this plugin I've not put it top of the list (it is working for me and Langenet though)

Can you open your Yeelight3P.ini file in your config directory and paste everything that is inside it into a post for me?

It should say InterfaceNumber=11 under the [Settings] key and that is all. When it is loading appears to be not finding that key (reporting -1) and giving the error, Version .7 is the latest but this should not have changed between .6 and .7 - for the avoidance of any issue please can you install .7 from here
                https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rGo...ew?usp=sharing
                NOT WORK with V.7

My Yeelight3P.ini

[Settings]
                InterfaceName=Ethernet
                Startup with V.7
                Startup with V.5
                Jean-Francois.

Comment

Hue bulbs (and led strips) just create one device.

So far it's just working. While I have a lot of devices and a lot more virtual devices, all of my events and stuff are pretty straightforward. I don't do very much scripting other than a few immediate commands so couldn't tell you with that.

I guess in the long run it would probably be nice to have a config page so we could manually add lights that aren't found but I haven't run across that yet with my one yeelight <G>
                  Are they Hue bulbs/strips that are controlled by HomeSeer or via the Hue hub itself? I think it is more how HS treats the bulbs rather than the plugin, in HS you have one device for on/off/dim with voice command and then another device for the colour picker with voice commands. There does not appear to be a way that I can see to have a device that has both colour and RGB in one - of course if another plugin is doing it correctly then I might have to admit I have it wrong but there is limited information available about them.

I had the same thought re a config page but the Yeelight is heavy on the suggestion that the bulbs should be discovered by SSDP first to see what is out on the network. With this I get the serial number of the bulb and then use that in HS devices to save me having to store device data in a config file. If I added the option that you could set up bulbs in advance of you having them you would not know the serial number and the current structure of the plugin would not work. I'll have a think if this becomes an issue though.

Comment

jfla, your Yeelight3P.ini file is incorrect, you have;

Originally posted by jfla View Post
                    My Yeelight3P.ini

Code:
                    [Settings]
                    [B]InterfaceName[/B]=Ethernet
                    It should be;

Code:
                    [Settings]
                    [B]InterfaceNumber[/B]=12
                    Please not that the network addresses are now referred to by number rather than name.

Comment

Hi, MrHappy

Thanks.

Now WORK with V.7

Jean-Francois

Comment

Originally posted by jfla View Post
                        Hi, MrHappy

Thanks.

Now WORK with V.7

Jean-Francois
                        That is good news thank you for letting me know, I can't see that I will need to change this again.

Comment

Are they Hue bulbs/strips that are controlled by HomeSeer or via the Hue hub itself? I think it is more how HS treats the bulbs rather than the plugin, in HS you have one device for on/off/dim with voice command and then another device for the colour picker with voice commands. There does not appear to be a way that I can see to have a device that has both colour and RGB in one - of course if another plugin is doing it correctly then I might have to admit I have it wrong but there is limited information available about them.
                          Controlled by Homeseer via the Jowihue plugin (which uses the hub as far as I know.) I don't have the Hue skill connected to Alexa at all.

Comment

Controlled by Homeseer via the Jowihue plugin (which uses the hub as far as I know.) I don't have the Hue skill connected to Alexa at all.
                            OK thanks, in that case I will take a look and see what I can do to fix it.

Comment

Hi, MrHappy

Each time i update a plugin by updater , Yeelight3P crash:

I must restart HS3

My System:
                              Current Date/Time: 20/03/2018 09:35:30
                              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.422
                              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Famille - Work Station
                              System Uptime: 0 Days 5 Hours 33 Minutes 59 Seconds
                              IP Address: 192.168.50.55
                              Number of Devices: 445
                              Number of Events: 163
                              Available Threads: 800
                              HSTouch Enabled: True
                              Event Threads: 0
                              Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                              Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                              Device Exec Queue: 0
                              HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                              Email Send Queue: 0
                              Anti Virus Installed: Avast Antivirus Windows Defender

Enabled Plug-Ins
                              2.0.39.0: BLLAN
                              1.0.3.0: BLShutdown
                              4.8.6.0: BULLET
                              0.0.0.31: drhsIpPlugIn
                              3.0.0.66: mcsXap
                              3.0.0.14: NetCAM
                              3.0.1.109: PHLocation
                              30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
                              5.0.2.0: SCREPOSITORY
                              4.0.0.4: THERMOSTAT
                              3.0.0.44: X10
                              3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Jean-Francois.

Comment

I am looking at that issue because I see it, so does langenet so it is clearly an issue somewhere but the plugin can launch just fine and connect without error if you load the plugin manually and also remotely. I have tried everything I can think of at the minute that could cause an issue but I am at a loss as to why it causes this - I don't know what is happening in the updater as to why it even needs to examine this bit of the plugin at that time.

Comment

Working...
                                X