Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

send text from HSTouch

Hi,

How can I send a text string to Kodi from HSTouch. I see the command to send the text, but to enter in the text I can't find. If I keep pressing the Send Text button. a blank text to sent to Kodi. I see in HS3 the box to type the text in and the submit button (that all work great). How do I enter the text from HSTouch into the Send Text box in HS3?

Is there a way to add text in the below box from HSTouch?Click image for larger version

Name:	yfjy.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	1187841

Comment

Well, I'm not sure if it is possible or not, I'm not a HSTouch guru... maybe you should ask in the HSTouch forum.

Comment

Hi Spud,

I had this working perfectly before as per this forum.

https://board.homeseer.com/showthrea...light=huntley1

Since I've update the plug-in to 3.0.1.1 it hasn't worked for me. Even when I type in text directly from HS3 (the first attachment I sent in this thread). After I type me text in the text box and press Submit. Kodi acting as if a blank text was sent. From HSTouch nothing happens. its as if the InputSendText command is not executing.

Comment

I jusr tested the "SendText" text box and it worked for me.

From HSTouch you need to update your script has the plugin has been renamed

Code:
          Sub Main(ByVal parm as object)

hs.writelog("XBMC-HSTouch", parm(0))

hs.PluginFunction("[COLOR="Red"]Kodi[/COLOR]", "", "InputSendText", new String() {"Kodi (localhost)", parm(0)})

End Sub
          If it still doesn't work, set the log level to Debug, and check what is sent to Kodi.

Comment

I tried the below, with the debug flag, and I get result back as OK.
            But nothing appears on the screen, Kodi Kryten 17?

Comment

Originally posted by smokeycoles View Post
              I tried the below, with the debug flag, and I get result back as OK.
              But nothing appears on the screen, Kodi Kryten 17?
              What are you trying to do?
              InputSendText is used to fill a textbox when Kodi prompt for something. If you send text notifications, sue GUIShowNotification

Comment

Working...
              X