This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google home as HS speaker.

Spud, i was talking about speaking voice commands to HS from the Google home. IS there a way to do this?

Comment

Fwiw, ifttt provides an easy interface to do this. Ifttt can turn Hs3 devices on/off as well as run events. An example at my house is "hey Google, turn off all the downstairs lights".

I believe that if you could link Google home to HS3, all of your text strings would have to include "hey Google, tell homeseer to....".

It's ironic at my house that the new excuse for not turning off lights is that it is too many words, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
        Since using 3.0.0.9 the errors in the log are gone. However, I still loose the connection with my Chromecast devices. A quick disconnect/connect updates to the correct status instantly. Not sure if/what logs I can give you as I don't have a clue when the disconnect occurs until I look at the HS3 CC devices.
        Spud, any idea? The plugin is pretty unreliable now, as I never known if the plugin is still connected to the Chromecast or not.
        stefxx

Comment

Spud, any idea? The plugin is pretty unreliable now, as I never known if the plugin is still connected to the Chromecast or not.
          I have no idea, set the file log level to debug, and next time you noticed the problem, send me the log file.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
            I have no idea, set the file log level to debug, and next time you noticed the problem, send me the log file.
            Ok, will do. Thanks!
            stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
              Here you go. I have 4 Chromecast devices:
              CC Ultra: Woonkamer Video
              CC 2: Slaapkamer Video
              CC Audio: Woonkamer Audio
              CC Audio: Keuken Audio
              And 1 group: Begane Grond

The Ultra was disconnected this morning. However, according to HS3 it was still connected but it didn't update any of the device statuses when I operated the Ultra. At that point I saved the logfile, and then hit the disconnect/connect button in HS3, and it immediately updated all subdevices.

Note that I have an event running that checks if a device is disconnected (see below). I did that because one of the early versions of the plugin sometimes left a device in a disconnect state. Not sure if I still need this. I don't think it is related but just so you know:
              Attached Files
              stefxx

Comment

Note that I have an event running that checks if a device is disconnected (see below). I did that because one of the early versions of the plugin sometimes left a device in a disconnect state. Not sure if I still need this. I don't think it is related but just so you know:
                Please delete this event, it tries to connect twice at a 5 seconds interval, which could result with 2 connections instead of one, which is very bad!

The plugin can disconnect from a chromecast for two reasons:
                1. the underlying TCP connection is lost, in which case the plugin tries to reconnect automatically
                2. Bonjours says the service is lost, in which case the reconnection will be attempted again when Bonjour says it found the service again.

So this event is not necessary.
                The only case where a manual Connect could be necessary is if Bonjour is not working properly, but it seems to work fine on your system.

If you still get problems after deleting the event, please redo the same test with debug logs but only enable the CC Ultra so that logs are easier to read.
                Thanks

Comment

I haven't read all the way through the thread (I think I did prior to installing, but not after). I get this message though on .10. It hasn't affected the plugin, just wanted to put it out there. I'm thinking it may have to do with me not having Bonjour installed? If so, could you put an option to not use Bonjour?

Another great option would be to add a chromecast/google home/etc via the interface instead of the ini, but it's not that huge of a deal to do it via the ini file.

Here is the error:
                  Code:
                  ERROR System.Exception: No Zeroconf providers could be found or initialized. Necessary daemon may not be running. at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.GetProviders() at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_DefaultProvider() at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_SelectedProvider() at Mono.Zeroconf.ServiceBrowser..ctor() at HSPI_Chromecast.ChromecastDiscoverer.Start() at HSPI_Chromecast.ChromecastApp.b__52_0()
                  BTW, Awesome plugin. I didn't notice the volume when I researched it. It was a most pleasant surprise

Comment

Hi,
                    I've created an event that reconnects to my Chromecast after Chromecast is disconnected to have permanent connection.
                    Somestimes it isn't possible to reconnect, then only helps disabling and re-enabling the Chromecast plugin so that I think it's caused by the plugin.
                    How to solve this issue ?

Fischi

Comment

Chromecast audio vlc playlist

Hi Spud,

is there a way to steam a playlist to a chromecast audio?

For now i am able to stream a playlist by opening VLC directly in homeseer . I use a .bat file with the folowing code ( a code that i found after like 2 hours of research on the web lol..)
                      Code:
                      "C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" --playlist-autostart --random --playlist-tree C:\Users\matth\Desktop\playlist

I know vlc can stream content... but i don<t really know how. I was hoping vlc would give me an url i could type in the chromecast action hs3 fonction.

I would like the chromecast audio to open my playlist in shuffle mode , exactly like i did with the .bat file.

is that possible?

edit : with this program : https://github.com/acidhax/chromecast-audio-stream i am able to send my pc audio ( so my playlist to) to my chromecast audio... so there should surely have a way to send a playlist stream via your chromecast plugin to a chomecast audio or chromecast audio group
                      Last edited by ; December 29, 2017, 05:26 PM.

Comment

maybe something that permits communication between your itune plugin and your chromecast plugin.

or implementig this directly in the chromecast plugin.

or both options..!..:0

Comment

Hi Spud,

Wow! I have had a lot of fun with this plugin over christmas and new year... hats off to you it is incredible!

A little request if possible purely based on my ocd ;-)

I can see in the debug log that the backdrop art when chromecast is idle is available, any chance you can expose this data please to the device image etc... so my screen on hstouch reflect the exact same images i am seeing on my tv etc?

Thank you and have a great 2018

And last thing is if i play a group eg kitchen and living room i can create a group screen and it shows perfectly.... but the status for kitchen and living room is not reflected correctly... the google home app shows 'playing' obviously without artwork title etc as thats the groups job!

Comment

chromecast plugin

Super cool.

Looking forward to some testing

Comment

Google TTS?

First of all thanks for this amazing plugin! I love it

It's almost perfect for me. Almost I'm using this plugin with my two Google Home Mini's, a Chromecast and a Chromecast Audio device. When I use hs.speak it works fine casting to one or all of my Chromecast devices, but it's a different voice than Google's. I have been trying to find a voice which sounds close to Google's but unfortunately I can't find any.

Last week I came across another great piece of home automation software called Home Assistant (https://home-assistant.io). While I was testing it I discovered it uses the Google TTS Cloud. Basically it sends your text to the Google TTS Cloud which generates a speech mp3 file that can be downloaded and then casted. It works really fast and very well in my experience.

I believe this is the code for the HA component: https://github.com/home-assistant/ho.../tts/google.py

Also I found a website that can generate speech mp3 files with Google's voices as well: https://soundoftext.com/ At the moment I use this to pre-record my speech mp3 files (not very dynamic I know)

Anyone have any thoughts on how we can maybe integrate this with Homeseer or Spud's Chromecast plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
                                First of all thanks for this amazing plugin! I love it

It's almost perfect for me. Almost I'm using this plugin with my two Google Home Mini's, a Chromecast and a Chromecast Audio device. When I use hs.speak it works fine casting to one or all of my Chromecast devices, but it's a different voice than Google's. I have been trying to find a voice which sounds close to Google's but unfortunately I can't find any.

Last week I came across another great piece of home automation software called Home Assistant (https://home-assistant.io). While I was testing it I discovered it uses the Google TTS Cloud. Basically it sends your text to the Google TTS Cloud which generates a speech mp3 file that can be downloaded and then casted. It works really fast and very well in my experience.

I believe this is the code for the HA component: https://github.com/home-assistant/ho.../tts/google.py

Also I found a website that can generate speech mp3 files with Google's voices as well: https://soundoftext.com/ At the moment I use this to pre-record my speech mp3 files (not very dynamic I know)

Anyone have any thoughts on how we can maybe integrate this with Homeseer or Spud's Chromecast plugin?
                                If you are on Linux, look at this thread: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=175012

It explains how to change the speak_to_file.sh script to use the google voice, but I thought this wasn't working anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X