Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving homeseer to a new computer having to start over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving homeseer to a new computer having to start over?

Installed HS on a new machine I set it up with the same IP and everything. I can't control the devices, when I went into the config wizard and ran it it found HS but said i needed to add it as a new device. Anyway around this or do I have to start over?

I'm not sure what all steps you followed, but you do have to copy everything over from the old computer/folder to the new one. It is talked about in many threads on the board. A quick search pulled up this one:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...ghlight=moving

Jeff

Comment

Jeff, I did copy everything over. I used BLBackup and unzip all the contents o the new PC after installing the plugins.

After doing that Imperihome no longer works.

Comment

Wanted to revive this thread... I finally moved HS3 to a new PC.

When I ran the wizard again I get the following error

"You tried to connect to a different system by editing an existing one. Please use the "add a new system" wizard.

So is my original statement correct? I have to start over? Imperhome doesn't allow you to move the system and update?

Comment

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
          Wanted to revive this thread... I finally moved HS3 to a new PC.

When I ran the wizard again I get the following error

"You tried to connect to a different system by editing an existing one. Please use the "add a new system" wizard.

So is my original statement correct? I have to start over? Imperhome doesn't allow you to move the system and update?
          the problem is that the plugin use by default "HS3 <machine name>" as the system id. Since your new PC has a different name, IH recognize it as a new system.

You can overwrite the default system id from the Config/ImperiHome.ini file. Edit this file and add the name of your old system in the [ISS] section:

Code:
          [ISS]
          system_id=HS3 <your old machine name>
          then restart the plugin

Comment

NVM, figured it out. Just needed to add that line to the existing ini. working now...
            Last edited by dannieboiz; January 25, 2018, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
              If you're refering to the ini on the HS server, mine doesn't have this

yeah that's normal, but you need to add it so that your new system looks like your old system from IH point of view.

Comment

Working...
              X