Database Charting Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Database Charting Setup

Jon, I installed this PI last night, and think I did a pretty thorough job. But, I can't seem to get the Setup ASP page to open. I have these errors in the Log.

Feb-05 5:16:01 PM Error Compiling script Jon00DBSetupASP.vben: Type 'FontFamily' is not defined.
    Feb-05 5:16:01 PM Error Compiling script Jon00DBSetupASP.vben: Type 'InstalledFontCollection' is not defined.
    Feb-05 5:16:01 PM Error Compiling script Jon00DBSetupASP.vben: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Drawing.Text' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.
    Feb-05 5:16:01 PM Error Compiling script Jon00DBSetupASP.vben: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Core' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.

Did you add the ScriptingReferences entry in your Settings.ini? Due to a recent change, you now have to shutdown Homeseer first before you do this; otherwise the entry is lost?
    Jon

Comment

That was the problem. I did that last night, but I missed the part where I needed to shut down HS3. This is good stuff btw! I had no idea my temp sensors were so asinine in their reporting.

Comment

Been playing around with it. I'm trying to condense the data.
        1) Is it possible to remove the gap between the Y2Axis and the Data plots?
        2) The device legend is trampling on the X-Axis. I've tried changing the pri and sec graph dimensions, but have yet to really see any changes.
        Attached Files

Comment

You need to have a play with the ChartAreaPosition setting (search the docs). If using the setup page, it is marked as Plot Position in the Chart Style setup page under Advanced. It requires 4 values.

In the same section, you may be able to move the X-axis by playing with the AxisX Offset Type & AxisX Offset settings.
          Jon

Comment

Ok, thanks!

Comment

is there any special instructions to get the chart into HSTouch? Select status tracking and the device correct?
              All i'm getting is the graph icon.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by tome10; February 7, 2018, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
                is there any special instructions to get the chart into HSTouch? Select status tracking and the device correct?
                No, it won't update correctly as the chart filename never changes and is cached by HSTouch. You will need to select the chart as an image and select isVideo to true and IsVideoRefreshRate to whatever duration you want.
                Jon

Comment

Ohh I see, says the blind man!
                  Last edited by tome10; February 7, 2018, 08:32 PM.

Comment

I have not been able to get this to display in HSTouch. I pick an 'Image Box', is video = true > Status Tracking Normal > Pick the chart device. Not working.

Comment

See below.

Change:

/images/jon00/dashboard/dashboard1.png

to:

/images/jon00/dbchart/chart001.png
                      Attached Files
                      Jon

Comment

Where exactly is the "ChartAreaPosition="?

"ChartAreaPosition=<X position>,<Y Position>,<height>,<width>"

Comment

See post 5!
                          Jon

Comment

I finally found it. Interestingly, that setting does not show up when setting up a spline chart. I switched to line chart, and entered 100,100,100,100 and nothing happened. I thought it would center the graph, but it didn't.

I just can't figure out where I need to edit to center and expand the plot area. I could even get rid of the surrounding frame/boxes.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X