Use variable from event name in handler commands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use variable from event name in handler commands

Is it possible to capture the event name in GCal and reuse it for creating a command in a handler? What I would like to do is:

1. Look in one or more calendars for all events that starts with a codeword followed by a number and a name. Example "R3941656 Luke Skywalker". The handler shall only trigger if it finds "R*"

2. Take the last 4 digits in the 7 digit number and store it as a variable

3 Create an action that will set the code of a Z-wave lock to the number from the variable. This can be done using BLLock (I think)

A little bacground on why I would like this. Reservations are made for tennis courts in a Google Calendar. The booking system creates an unique reservation code. Instead of creating a general code that "everybody" knows, the solution as outlined above would make it possible for the person who booked the court to unlock the gate by using their reservation #

Originally posted by ToonWolf View Post

A little bacground on why I would like this. Reservations are made for tennis courts in a Google Calendar. The booking system creates an unique reservation code. Instead of creating a general code that "everybody" knows, the solution as outlined above would make it possible for the person who booked the court to unlock the gate by using their reservation #

None of your post made any sense to me until I read this. Bravo on your creative thinking there.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
      None of your post made any sense to me until I read this. Bravo on your creative thinking there.
      +1

Comment

This has been added to the newest build
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Working...
        X