Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RFID "reliability"

Hi all,

I'm working with a home automation company that is using HomeSeer. To provide detection of car and/or human presence at a home, we've initially tried the iAutomate plugin and its supported hardware.

Unfortunately, we've been experiencing a lot of false departures due to periodic signal drops. We've tried positioning the receiver centrally in a single-story home, but still experience the sudden interruptions.

Regarding the BLRfid plugin: we're curious if others are using it with a certain hardware setup that aren't experiencing the signal interruptions... any advice/pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Originally posted by fjbii View Post
    Hi all,

I'm working with a home automation company that is using HomeSeer. To provide detection of car and/or human presence at a home, we've initially tried the iAutomate plugin and its supported hardware.

Unfortunately, we've been experiencing a lot of false departures due to periodic signal drops. We've tried positioning the receiver centrally in a single-story home, but still experience the sudden interruptions.

Regarding the BLRfid plugin: we're curious if others are using it with a certain hardware setup that aren't experiencing the signal interruptions... any advice/pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    BLRFID is quite reliable. I had been using iAutomate and found similar issues as yours. However, I think that what I have done with the RFID hardware in each car is the reason for its reliability. I have the transmitter powered by the car power and not batteries. So, the transmitter works and the receiver detects the RFID, only when the car is on and leaving the garage. I have set up events and virtual devices, so that when the RFID is detected, the system knows whether the car is leaving or returning.

Elliott
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Working...
    X