Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is DropBox trigger working for anyone in IFTTT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Moskus, does it work now?

Comment

Aha, THERE that damn button is. I thought it was up to each individual event/action to implement it...

Just ran, I'll report back in 15-20 minutes.

EDIT: That did the trick! Now it works!
      Last edited by Moskus; September 20, 2017, 02:47 AM.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I posted version 3.0.1.3 here. With this version existing files in dropbox are not overwritten, instead if a "file.txt" already exist the new uploaded one will be renamed to "file (1).txt"

This avoid to use the $time workaround explained above.

Comment

Having a similar problem with triggers not working (using Stringify, but also appears to not be working for IFTTT). Essentially, having an email trigger add a txt file into dropbox to activate a scene or device. The creation of the txt file appears to be working fine, but I am unable to get an event to activate. Manually moving a txt file into the folder in dropbox doesn't activate the event either. Attached is the debug info in the log and one of the events. Thoughts?

Jan-28 2:06:19 PM IFTTT DEBUG path/not_found/.. for /stringify/disarmed
          Jan-28 2:06:18 PM IFTTT DEBUG path/not_found/ for /stringify/stay
          Jan-28 2:06:17 PM IFTTT DEBUG path/not_found/. for /stringify/away
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by knaack View Post
            Having a similar problem with triggers not working (using Stringify, but also appears to not be working for IFTTT). Essentially, having an email trigger add a txt file into dropbox to activate a scene or device. The creation of the txt file appears to be working fine, but I am unable to get an event to activate. Manually moving a txt file into the folder in dropbox doesn't activate the event either. Attached is the debug info in the log and one of the events. Thoughts?

Jan-28 2:06:19 PM IFTTT DEBUG path/not_found/.. for /stringify/disarmed
            Jan-28 2:06:18 PM IFTTT DEBUG path/not_found/ for /stringify/stay
            Jan-28 2:06:17 PM IFTTT DEBUG path/not_found/. for /stringify/away
            where is located your Stringify folder in dropbox? are you sure there is no typo? Could you post a screenshot of your dropbox folder?

I just tested this again on my system and it worked fine.

Comment

Attached. Only other thing I can think of that may be affecting it is that my dropbox folder location is on a different drive than default. Unless, of course, that I'm missing something easily fixable (which is entirely possible).
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by knaack View Post
                Attached. Only other thing I can think of that may be affecting it is that my dropbox folder location is on a different drive than default. Unless, of course, that I'm missing something easily fixable (which is entirely possible).
                stay, away, disarmed need to be folders not txt files. Then the txt files need to be written by IFTTT in those subfolders

Comment

Got it. I had read somewhere while setting this up that Stringify couldn't write to subfolders beyond the main folders in Dropbox (which ended up being incorrect - the subfolder can be included in the file name as shown). Working just fine now. Thanks for the help!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X