Current Cost installation on HT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Cost installation on HT

I am new to HA, HS, and this forum. I have been working with the HT with HS2 (ver. 2.4.0.57) for the last 3 weeks. I have the ISY & BC4 plug-ins installed and functional. The Current Cost hardware and plug-in were installed last week without much difficulties, and I ever have the graphic output displayed to an HSTouch client (iPad).

With the installation of the current cost plug-in (ver. 1.0.4.42), the HT will become unresponsive after a few hours (the monitor goes blank and the HT does not return ping responses). At times, while enabling the current cost plug-in, the system will also become unresponsive. I have done these things...

1. uninstall the plug-in & reinstalled the plug-in
    2. Restored HT and recovered the HS2 from the last backup prior to the Current Cost plug-in installation
    3. Updated the current cost plug-in to the lasted version in the updater
    4. Messed around with the HT COM drivers - installed/uninstalled (even got the COM drivers from Current Cost site to try...)
    4. The OS event logs do not have any events that are different prior to the Current Cost plug-in installation

I am not seeing any errors that may offer a clue where to look. I suspect the COM configuration, but I am not sure.

I am stuck and not sure where to go from here. I have attached the following supporting information:
    1. HS2 log
    2. Current Cost log (with debug level)
    3. Current Cost config. screen capture
    4. Current Cost graphs screen capture - note where the system stop capturing data
    4. Win XP COM configuration captures - Device Manager, Properties, & Details views
    5. HS Interface screen capture

What am I missing? If you have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate your feedback.

If I can provide any other information, please let me know.

Regards,
    Bruce
    Attached Files

Bruce,

I am running the CC (1.0.0.42) on an HT2 (2.4.0.3) using the USB-Serial connection. I had to download the drivers (PL2303_Prolific_GPS_AllInOne_1013.exe) from the CC web site.

I am not experiencing any of the difficulties you mention but I do not have HSTouch.

Can you realistically disable HSTouch to see if the symptoms persist?

Best Regards,

Mark

Comment

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. I have disabled the HSTouch iPhone plug-in as you suggested. I will observe and post the results.

Regards,
      Bruce

Comment

Even with the HSTouch iPhone plug-in disabled, the HT still becomes unresponsive (locks-up).

-Bruce

Comment

Bruce,
          If you are a new user then I would recommend putting in a help desk request and attach your information to the ticket. This way Rich and Rick can look into this issue. I might also suggest loading the release verison of HS which is 2.4.6 and see if this version does the same.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Here's the help desk link:
            http://helpdesk.homeseer.com/
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
            X