X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sean Willoughby View Post
    Spud,

Thanks! That did the trick. As always thank you for great work and excellent plugins!
    do you know which plugin installed this dll in the root folder? We may have to tell the developer to not install it there to avoid conflicts.

Note: it may have been me, if you had installed an old version of the XBMC plugin.

Comment

Could we get another device with the status of what the nest is doing (ie heating, cooling, airwave, fan on)
      Would it also be possible to get humidity?

Comment

Originally posted by desolatax View Post
        Could we get another device with the status of what the nest is doing (ie heating, cooling, airwave, fan on)
        Would it also be possible to get humidity?
        I can't add a device for the current thermostat status heating/cooling because the official Nest API does not give access to this information
        same thing for humidity

I can add a device for fan, to get the current status and to be able to control the fan timer.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          do you know which plugin installed this dll in the root folder? We may have to tell the developer to not install it there to avoid conflicts.

Note: it may have been me, if you had installed an old version of the XBMC plugin.
          I did have one of your first versions of XBMC awhile ago. It may have been that. I have mostly ultra and your plugins.

Everything stills works after your solution.

Comment

Multiple Nest's not specified

Good morning!
            First, THANK YOU for writing this plugin!

We have three Nest stats on my account, two in the main house and one in the guest cottage. When I loaded the plugin, it shows the three thermostats named in one place, but on the status entries where it shows temperatures (both ambient and target) you have no idea which unit you're looking at. Here is a link to the screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1uhdcg4u6j...2008.45.08.png

Can these items be tagged by unit so you can tell which is which? (you will see the guest cottage is offline, that is correct. Having an IP issue)

Thanks,

john

Comment

Originally posted by jonjonbear View Post
              Good morning!
              First, THANK YOU for writing this plugin!

We have three Nest stats on my account, two in the main house and one in the guest cottage. When I loaded the plugin, it shows the three thermostats named in one place, but on the status entries where it shows temperatures (both ambient and target) you have no idea which unit you're looking at. Here is a link to the screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1uhdcg4u6j...2008.45.08.png

Can these items be tagged by unit so you can tell which is which? (you will see the guest cottage is offline, that is correct. Having an IP issue)

Thanks,

john
              you should click on the pink button on the top right of the management devices page. It will group the devices by thermostat, then you can rename any device name as well as floor and room so that is even easier to tell which is which.

Comment

you should click on the pink button on the top right of the management devices page. It will group the devices by thermostat, then you can rename any device name as well as floor and room so that is even easier to tell which is which.
                Awesome! didn't know you could do that! Thans Spud!

John

Comment

I wasn't aware that .NET 4.5 couldn't be installed on Win XP. The plugin use some NET 4.5 libraries, I will have a look if it can be done another way using .NET 4 libraries only, but I would not hold my breath if I were you, and I would start upgrading to a win 7 system or newer.
                  That is indeed sad... all of us with Hometrollers are out of luck then? I just purchased the Pro S5. Very much looking forward to Nest control.

I installed the plug-in through the updater and when enabled the status says the following:

**FATAL**: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Nest. The interface was not found in the list of active interfaces.

Is this a symptom of the above?

I have some money burning a hole in my pocket awaiting a working Nest plug-in :-). I am actually somewhat annoyed with HST for staying with Windows XP Embeded on their device and leaving me in the stone age...

Comment

Originally posted by Keoni View Post
                    That is indeed sad... all of us with Hometrollers are out of luck then? I just purchased the Pro S5. Very much looking forward to Nest control.

I installed the plug-in through the updater and when enabled the status says the following:

**FATAL**: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Nest. The interface was not found in the list of active interfaces.

Is this a symptom of the above?

I have some money burning a hole in my pocket awaiting a working Nest plug-in :-). I am actually somewhat annoyed with HST for staying with Windows XP Embeded on their device and leaving me in the stone age...
                    Yes this is probably the problem. Look in the logs you may have more information on the exact problem.

As much as I would like to relieve you from your burning pocket, I think it would be a real pain for me to make this plugin works with NET 4. If there is enough demand for it I will have another look at it though.

Windows XP is a 13 years old system, more and more software are going to need NET 4.5, so at some point HST should consider upgrading the Hometroller to a newer OS

Comment

Hi,
                      I installed the Nest plugin (3.0.0.4) yesterday and I am having an issue. For some reason, it doesn't seem to be updating the information/changes. (See screen shot). The time right night is 9:15pm and it hasn't been updated since 6:00am. I'm sure it is something I'm missing, but I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ilkevinli View Post
                        Hi,
                        I installed the Nest plugin (3.0.0.4) yesterday and I am having an issue. For some reason, it doesn't seem to be updating the information/changes. (See screen shot). The time right night is 9:15pm and it hasn't been updated since 6:00am. I'm sure it is something I'm missing, but I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks.

set the log level to debug from the config page, then restart the plugin then post your logs as soon as you see the problem. Thanks

Comment

Thanks Spud. Here is my log:

Aug-07 9:58:29 PM Nest DEBUG data: null
                          Aug-07 9:58:29 PM Nest DEBUG event: keep-alive
                          Aug-07 9:58:01 PM Nest DEBUG data: {"path":"/","data":{"devices":{"thermostats":{"SyE7pSBxL5NAz_cnQG5mWw_ VumSUMP-v":{"locale":"en-US","temperature_scale":"F","is_using_emergency_heat":false, "has_fan":true,"software_version":"4.2.4","has_leaf":false," device_id":"SyE7pSBxL5NAz_cnQG5mWw_VumSUMP-v","name":"Dining Room (Nest)","can_heat":true,"can_cool":true,"hvac_mode":"cool"," target_temperature_c":23.0,"target_temperature_f":74,"target _temperature_high_c":24.0,"target_temperature_high_f":75,"ta rget_temperature_low_c":20.0,"target_temperature_low_f":68," ambient_temperature_c":23.0,"ambient_temperature_f":74,"away _temperature_high_c":24.0,"away_temperature_high_f":76,"away _temperature_low_c":16.0,"away_temperature_low_f":62,"struct ure_id":"apGGAISfsCl_xxYmM2nXmf3iJ1K15G8dDP6ECTev6pCTC_siDqg yTw","fan_timer_active":false,"name_long":"Dining Room Thermostat (Nest)","is_online":true,"last_connection":"2014-08-08T01:58:09.475Z"}}},"structures":{"apGGAISfsCl_xxYmM2nXmf3i J1K15G8dDP6ECTev6pCTC_siDqgyTw":{"name":"Home","country_code ":"US","time_zone":"America/New_York","away":"home","thermostats":["SyE7pSBxL5NAz_cnQG5mWw_VumSUMP-v"],"structure_id":"apGGAISfsCl_xxYmM2nXmf3iJ1K15G8dDP6ECTev6pC TC_siDqgyTw"}}}}
                          Aug-07 9:58:01 PM Nest DEBUG event: put
                          Aug-07 9:58:01 PM Nest DEBUG data: {"path":"/","data":{"devices":{"thermostats":{"SyE7pSBxL5NAz_cnQG5mWw_ VumSUMP-v":{"locale":"en-US","temperature_scale":"F","is_using_emergency_heat":false, "has_fan":true,"software_version":"4.2.4","has_leaf":false," device_id":"SyE7pSBxL5NAz_cnQG5mWw_VumSUMP-v","name":"Dining Room (Nest)","can_heat":true,"can_cool":true,"hvac_mode":"cool"," target_temperature_c":23.0,"target_temperature_f":74,"target _temperature_high_c":24.0,"target_temperature_high_f":75,"ta rget_temperature_low_c":20.0,"target_temperature_low_f":68," ambient_temperature_c":23.0,"ambient_temperature_f":74,"away _temperature_high_c":24.0,"away_temperature_high_f":76,"away _temperature_low_c":16.0,"away_temperature_low_f":62,"struct ure_id":"apGGAISfsCl_xxYmM2nXmf3iJ1K15G8dDP6ECTev6pCTC_siDqg yTw","fan_timer_active":false,"name_long":"Dining Room Thermostat (Nest)","is_online":true,"last_connection":"2014-08-08T01:58:09.474Z"}}},"structures":{"apGGAISfsCl_xxYmM2nXmf3i J1K15G8dDP6ECTev6pCTC_siDqgyTw":{"name":"Home","country_code ":"US","time_zone":"America/New_York","away":"home","thermostats":["SyE7pSBxL5NAz_cnQG5mWw_VumSUMP-v"],"structure_id":"apGGAISfsCl_xxYmM2nXmf3iJ1K15G8dDP6ECTev6pC TC_siDqgyTw"}}}}
                          Aug-07 9:58:01 PM Nest DEBUG event: put
                          Aug-07 9:58:00 PM Nest DEBUG data: {"path":"/","data":{"devices":{"thermostats":{"SyE7pSBxL5NAz_cnQG5mWw_ VumSUMP-v":{"locale":"en-US","temperature_scale":"F","is_using_emergency_heat":false, "has_fan":true,"software_version":"4.2.4","has_leaf":false," device_id":"SyE7pSBxL5NAz_cnQG5mWw_VumSUMP-v","name":"Dining Room (Nest)","can_heat":true,"can_cool":true,"hvac_mode":"cool"," target_temperature_c":23.0,"target_temperature_f":74,"target _temperature_high_c":24.0,"target_temperature_high_f":75,"ta rget_temperature_low_c":20.0,"target_temperature_low_f":68," ambient_temperature_c":23.0,"ambient_temperature_f":74,"away _temperature_high_c":24.0,"away_temperature_high_f":76,"away _temperature_low_c":16.0,"away_temperature_low_f":62,"struct ure_id":"apGGAISfsCl_xxYmM2nXmf3iJ1K15G8dDP6ECTev6pCTC_siDqg yTw","fan_timer_active":false,"name_long":"Dining Room Thermostat (Nest)","is_online":true,"last_connection":"2014-08-08T01:30:54.315Z"}}},"structures":{"apGGAISfsCl_xxYmM2nXmf3i J1K15G8dDP6ECTev6pCTC_siDqgyTw":{"name":"Home","country_code ":"US","time_zone":"America/New_York","away":"home","thermostats":["SyE7pSBxL5NAz_cnQG5mWw_VumSUMP-v"],"structure_id":"apGGAISfsCl_xxYmM2nXmf3iJ1K15G8dDP6ECTev6pC TC_siDqgyTw"}}}}
                          Aug-07 9:58:00 PM Nest DEBUG event: put
                          Aug-07 9:57:59 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Nest
                          Aug-07 9:57:59 PM Nest INFO Nest version 3.0.0.4
                          Aug-07 9:57:59 PM Info Plugin Nest has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:59837

Comment

Originally posted by ilkevinli View Post
                            Thanks Spud. Here is my log:
                            so when you restarted the plugin, your HS devices still didn't update?
                            if they did update, please wait until the problem happen again, and post your logs then

Comment

Ok I got my issue corrected by deleted the thermostat from Nest and re-adding it.

I have another question. When I connect using HSTouch app and click on Home/Away (See photo), it takes me to the Climate section but all it shows is zeros (See photo). Does it not support that for some reason ? Thanks Spud.

Comment

Spud ??

Comment

Working...
                                X