This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
    Just noticed the Vera PI devices don't show up in the mobile app. I've not spent any time exploring the app yet so don't know it's capabilities and limitations, but is this expected?

Sent using Tapatalk
    Yeah know I never checked! I hardly use the mobile app so I'll have to look into this.

There have been several updates to increase sensor speed for updates. I'm hoping to get a "feeling" from testers if this is ready for release or not and then update/fix as things pop up.

I'm also very close to having remote controller access ready to integrate. I finally had time tonight to work on doing the prototype and I have access and see my controllers. Now time for some control testing and then I'll need someone to be a test subject

Comment

I have the plus running finally. As of now I only have 9 virtual switches and 9 corresponding scenes. I have a Nyce wall motion coming in from amazon soon. For my purposes, this is running fine.

Comment

Just noticed the Vera PI devices don't show up in the mobile app. I've not spent any time exploring the app yet so don't know it's capabilities and limitations, but is this expected?

Sent using Tapatalk
        I checked this and I can see the few devices I have in the default mobile app. Mine are motion sensors. What device types specifically are you not seeing?

Comment

Well, apparently I was only kidding. They're there. It was late and I must've confused the top level selector in the app "Lighting & Devices" with my location2: "Lighting". Anyway, all good.
          -Wade

Comment

Well, apparently I was only kidding. They're there. It was late and I must've confused the top level selector in the app "Lighting & Devices" with my location2: "Lighting". Anyway, all good.
            I understand.

Keep me informed if you find any other issues or any suggestions or changes/improvements. I'm trying to pack in what I can before a store release.

Comment

I added the nyce motion to vera. Am I supposed to see the device in HS, or is there still limitations? I have no scenes set up for it or anything. I am on the current version, I stopped the PI, deleted any vera stuff, cleared the config files and restarted. Still no device.

Comment

Originally posted by keithj69 View Post
                I added the nyce motion to vera. Am I supposed to see the device in HS, or is there still limitations? I have no scenes set up for it or anything. I am on the current version, I stopped the PI, deleted any vera stuff, cleared the config files and restarted. Still no device.
                There's been several updates... I'm about to post another one...

What version are you running?

If the device is in Vera then the PI should pick it up if Vera is "healthy" you may have to do a Luup Reload. There's an easy option in the PI config page for that. After the Luup Reload the PI should auto find the new Device and IF you have your HS3 IP address setup in the PI Config then and only then will the device be created in HS3 and a Vera Scene will be created for the device. I'm making changes to this process to support remote controllers, but in the current release available that is the way it is.

Comment

Following up the previous posting....

Remote Controller support is on the way. I'm running through some final testing now but I will need volunteers to trash their systems for testing

The Good!

If you are on a recent version that supports the Scenes interfaces for Security devices then the upgrade should be painless.

The Bad!

I don't know yet That's why I need testers.

Comment

Release: 0.3.0.1

Major Release! Notes are in the first post in the link along with the download.

Highlight.... remote controller support!

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...35&postcount=1

Comment

I went ahead and cleared everything out again and reinstalled the PI. The sensor is showing now.

I was on 0.2.0.15 before starting over this am.

Comment

Originally posted by keithj69 View Post
                        I went ahead and cleared everything out again and reinstalled the PI. The sensor is showing now.

I was on 0.2.0.15 before starting over this am.
                        Not sure about why it wasn't showing before. Let me know of any issues with the new release.

Comment

If people wouldn't mind can you report in with updates?

Issues/Problems?
                          Successes?
                          Remote Controllers working?
                          Device Types?
                          Number of devices?

Trying to get a feeling for general status. I would like to finish up any remaining feature requests/bugs and release to the store.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
                            If people wouldn't mind can you report in with updates?

Issues/Problems?
                            A few random issues--occasional device action delays or altogether not firing) but nothing obviously attributable to the PI at this point (i.e., it's happened with Vera PI devices and native devices). Still setting up and tweaking a brand new HS3 setup.

Successes?
                            Initially had all my Vera devices (~150) showing up in HS3. Statuses were updating and any control I tried worked. Have since deleted all but a few ZigBee devices.

Remote Controllers working?
                            Don't have one to test.

Device Types?
                            ZigBee - Sengled Classic bulbs - working

Number of devices?

As I've said previously my main use for the PI has been to repurpose my otherwise unused Vera box as a (relatively expensive) ZigBee controller with (although limited) broader device compatibility than otherwise is available for HS3. But since I have only a few ZigBee bulbs, and they're readily replaceable with z-wave alternatives, I'm considering selling the Vera and going all z-wave. I originally thought the PI would be a big help during transition from Vera to HS3 but in my situation I decided to move all my devices to HS3 at once. So access to Vera devices or scenes from HS3 wasn't needed--except for the ZigBee bulbs.

For me the killer app for the PI is tying in Vera's ZigBee support. And it's doing a great job of that for me.
                            -Wade

Comment

A few random issues--occasional device action delays or altogether not firing) but nothing obviously attributable to the PI at this point (i.e., it's happened with Vera PI devices and native devices). Still setting up and tweaking a brand new HS3 setup.

Initially had all my Vera devices (~150) showing up in HS3. Statuses were updating and any control I tried worked. Have since deleted all but a few ZigBee devices.

Don't have one to test.

ZigBee - Sengled Classic bulbs - working

As I've said previously my main use for the PI has been to repurpose my otherwise unused Vera box as a (relatively expensive) ZigBee controller with (although limited) broader device compatibility than otherwise is available for HS3. But since I have only a few ZigBee bulbs, and they're readily replaceable with z-wave alternatives, I'm considering selling the Vera and going all z-wave. I originally thought the PI would be a big help during transition from Vera to HS3 but in my situation I decided to move all my devices to HS3 at once. So access to Vera devices or scenes from HS3 wasn't needed--except for the ZigBee bulbs.

For me the killer app for the PI is tying in Vera's ZigBee support. And it's doing a great job of that for me.
                              Great to hear! Yes the primary reason I wrote it was for tying in the ZigBee support for myself as well!

Comment

Release: 0.3.1.0
                                -- Changed the configuration to encrypt the password. After installing the update you will have to go to the PI configuration page and re-enter your Vera account password for it to be encrypted and saved.

Download is in the first post

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...35&postcount=1

Comment

Working...
                                X